Q. Is it advisable to get root canal treatment in a broken tooth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am meant to be having a root canal filling in one of my teeth. I have had it temporarily filled twice and now it has fallen out but it feels like there is only one side of my tooth almost like it has broken in half. Will they still do the root canal filling?

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, if the root stem is strong and not resorbed, root canal treatment can be performed, after that, if the crown tissue is grossly damaged they will do another procedure called post and core treatment. So, you need not worry.

|