Q. Could you please check my routine blood test report?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Oct 18, 2016

I am a healthy male. My age is 44. My weight is 71 kg and height is 165 cm. I do not take any medications except organic multivitamins and Omega everyday with vitamin D3. I am not suffering from any medical symptoms or conditions. I stay active and control my food intake to be as healthy as possible. I had herniated disc before four years and it is not much better. I underwent a routine blood test and want to check whether there are any concern areas. Thank you.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

We are glad to help you. Please attach your reports.

Revert back with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

I have attached the reports. Please have a look.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the following are my interpretations and recommendation.

• Your hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels are elevated. This indicates that you are at high risk of having heart diseases or stroke.
  • Do not be afraid. This does not mean that you will get these disease 100%. But, the chances are high if your blood pressure is not controlled and if it is high or you smoke, drink alcohol or if your cholesterol is high. So, take care of these things and no need of any medications for this.
  • Your cholesterol is high. Considering your age and high hs-CRP, I suggest you tablet Roseday (Rosuvastatin) 10 mg every night to lower cholesterol. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine. Then, repeat your lipid profile test after three months.
  • Do daily walking or jogging for 20 to 30 minutes. Avoid sweets, non-vegetarian food, potato, cheese and butter.
  • Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is elevated. It indicates that you are having hypothyroidism. I suggest you tablet Eltroxin 50 mcg (Levothyroxine) every morning in an empty stomach and repeat TSH after two months.
  • Rest everything is fine and nothing to worry.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Why am I having raised cholesterol levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a full blood count done and would like a second opinion on the results. It was my cholesterol which surprised me. I have never suffered from high cholesterol but over the past three years, it has kept up and recent tests showed serum cholesterol 7 mmol/L/HDL, 1.25 mmol/L/L...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your cholesterol is high especially LDL. This is more worrisome. Cholesterol runs in family. So, despite a healthy lifestyle, some pat...  Read Full

Can a double dose of Levothyroxine help until I get to see a doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my lab results recently. I have an appointment with the thyroid doctor in a week. I am afraid of going to the ER plus I have muscle spasms, body jerks, and confusion. Two days ago, I took a double levothyroxine dose of 125 mcg. Yesterday, I added 5 mcg synthetic T3, ma...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism. I suggest that you take tablet Levothyroxine 50 mcg once daily keeping in mind your age and based on your weight and lab results. Consult your specialist doct...  Read Full

I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your performed tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain as follows. Your total cholesterol or HDL ratio is high. This means that you should make some diet modifications in order to reduce cholesterol levels. Starting sta...  Read Full

Ask an Endocrinologist Now