Q. Could you please check my routine blood test report?

Dr. Divakara P
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

I am a healthy male. My age is 44. My weight is 71 kg and height is 165 cm. I do not take any medications except organic multivitamins and Omega everyday with vitamin D3. I am not suffering from any medical symptoms or conditions. I stay active and control my food intake to be as healthy as possible. I had herniated disc before four years and it is not much better. I underwent a routine blood test and want to check whether there are any concern areas. Thank you.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

We are glad to help you. Please attach your reports.

Revert back with the reports to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

I have attached the reports. Please have a look.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the following are my interpretations and recommendation.

• Your hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels are elevated. This indicates that you are at high risk of having heart diseases or stroke.
  • Do not be afraid. This does not mean that you will get these disease 100%. But, the chances are high if your blood pressure is not controlled and if it is high or you smoke, drink alcohol or if your cholesterol is high. So, take care of these things and no need of any medications for this.
  • Your cholesterol is high. Considering your age and high hs-CRP, I suggest you tablet Roseday (Rosuvastatin) 10 mg every night to lower cholesterol. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine. Then, repeat your lipid profile test after three months.
  • Do daily walking or jogging for 20 to 30 minutes. Avoid sweets, non-vegetarian food, potato, cheese and butter.
  • Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is elevated. It indicates that you are having hypothyroidism. I suggest you tablet Eltroxin 50 mcg (Levothyroxine) every morning in an empty stomach and repeat TSH after two months.
  • Rest everything is fine and nothing to worry.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

| 

I have attached the annual report of my mother. Could you please check and advice? She does not have any medical issue, but has been complaining about burning sensation in her left hand and leg with mild left shoulder pain.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through your mother's report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and everything seems normal. Do not worry about the highlighted values as there are not significantly deranged to indicate any abnormality. Thank you.

|