Q. What can be done for sudden chest and back pain?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.

#

I reviewed all your performed tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain as follows. Your total cholesterol or HDL ratio is high. This means that you should make some diet modifications in order to reduce cholesterol levels. Starting statins may be needed. Your vitamin D levels are slightly low. For this reason, it is necessary to start Vitamin D supplements. Your other tests are normal. But considering your symptoms, I would recommend performing an exercise cardiac stress test to investigate for coronary artery disease and a fibrogastroscopy to investigate for acid reflux.

So, I have to go for a treadmill test? Any medicine for treatment of cholesterol, vitamin D deficiency and low platelet count?

#

Yes, I would recommend performing a treadmill test. Regarding cholesterol control, I would recommend reduce fatty food in your diet and take food rich in fibers and in omega 3 (fish, fish oil, olive oil, walnuts, etc.). Vitamin D supplements are necessary too. You should take 3000 UI daily. Regarding the low platelet count, I do not think that it is very concerning. I recommend repeating the test after a week.

|