Q. What can be done for sudden chest and back pain?

Dr. Ilir Sharka
Published on Dec 01, 2018

I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

I reviewed all your performed tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain as follows. Your total cholesterol or HDL ratio is high. This means that you should make some diet modifications in order to reduce cholesterol levels. Starting statins may be needed. Your vitamin D levels are slightly low. For this reason, it is necessary to start Vitamin D supplements. Your other tests are normal. But considering your symptoms, I would recommend performing an exercise cardiac stress test to investigate for coronary artery disease and a fibrogastroscopy to investigate for acid reflux.

So, I have to go for a treadmill test? Any medicine for treatment of cholesterol, vitamin D deficiency and low platelet count?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology
#

Yes, I would recommend performing a treadmill test. Regarding cholesterol control, I would recommend reduce fatty food in your diet and take food rich in fibers and in omega 3 (fish, fish oil, olive oil, walnuts, etc.). Vitamin D supplements are necessary too. You should take 3000 UI daily. Regarding the low platelet count, I do not think that it is very concerning. I recommend repeating the test after a week.

What is Ecosprin AV 75 used for?

Query: Hi doctor, Sometimes, my father used to get chest pain. Angiography showed that he has a LAD bridging and vessels are normal and clear. His echo is normal. His BP, blood sugar and cholesterol are normal. After the chest pain, he was given the following medicines for one year. They are Stator, Is...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted all details of your father. A myocardial bridge means that a group of muscle fibers are present on the top of coronary artery instead of on the bottom. In almost 40% cases, it is asymptomatic. However, in some patient the bunch of muscles pushes the coronary ...  Read Full

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good news, there is no heart attack. It is normal. If there is recurrent chest pain especially with exertion or chest pain that relieves with rest and recurs on walking, climbing stairs, etc., then to be on safer side, have an ETT (exercise tolerance test) done. In this...  Read Full

Is cholesterol level of 299 too high?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full