Q. Please help me interpret my latest health checkup reports.

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

I have been having the following symptoms for the last month or so. Difficulty in falling asleep at night. I have witnessed sudden jerks when I am about to fall asleep. After such jerks, it becomes difficult for me to get good sleep. I do not remember having these jerks once I completely asleep. My spouse complains of me snoring afterward and quite heavily in the morning. I have weakness and fatigue the whole day. The weakness is so profound in the morning, that I do not feel like getting off the bed.

From last few days, I have been having episodes of low sugar. The sugar level was around 70 to 55 when I checked. I feel very hungry abruptly, sweating on palms, and so weak that I feel like losing balance while walking. I have a family history of diabetes and hypertension. So, I have becomes anxious, which adds to my symptoms more. I have hypertension tendency. I have had hypertension for five years, but I started taking tablets four months back. Last week, I had my preventive health checkup done. I have attached the report. Please advise.

#

I read your history, and I have seen all reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am highlighting the abnormal results.

• In your CBC (complete blood count), there is raised MCV (mean corpuscular volume). You have vitamin B12 deficiency. Are you a vegetarian? You need to take some vitamin B12 and Folic acid injections. I suggest taking injection Vitcofol 2 cc IM (intramuscular), every day for seven days. Along with tablet Folvite (Folic acid) every day for 30 days.
  • Secondly, you have low vitamin D level, so I suggest taking tablet D3 Must 60K (Cholecalciferol), every week for 12 weeks.
  • Most importantly, you have raised homocysteine level, which can increase blood coagulation. I suggest taking Homocheck (Cyanocobalamin and Pyridoxine) at least for six months. Repeat the test after six months.
  • Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is raised. There are multiple reasons for the same, and you need not do anything for this right now.
  • From your history, I think you have anxiety. I suggest tablet Nexito plus (Escitalopram and Clonazepam), before bedtime. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|