Q. How long should I avoid pregnancy after rubella vaccination?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am a 30 year old female and planning for a first pregnancy. Thereby across, I came to know about rubella test. I have gone through this test recently and it came out to be non-reactive IgG less than 3 IU/mL and IgM is less than 10 IU/mL. Should I go for its vaccination? If yes, then how long should I avoid conceiving?

#

• Yes, you can go for rubella vaccination. You should avoid pregnancy for at least 3 months after that.
  • You may practice barrier contraception till then or a hormonal contraception can be opted from the second month.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am thankful for your needful advice.

#

You are most welcome.

|