Q. How long should I avoid pregnancy after rubella vaccination?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

I am a 30 year old female and planning for a first pregnancy. Thereby across, I came to know about rubella test. I have gone through this test recently and it came out to be non-reactive IgG less than 3 IU/mL and IgM is less than 10 IU/mL. Should I go for its vaccination? If yes, then how long should I avoid conceiving?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, you can go for rubella vaccination. You should avoid pregnancy for at least 3 months after that.
  • You may practice barrier contraception till then or a hormonal contraception can be opted from the second month.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am thankful for your needful advice.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are most welcome.

| 

Can Diane 35 be taken for a longer period?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having shooting pain in my legs after two hours of Diane-35. I have also read about the risk of blood clots on this pill. I was prescribed this pill because the previous birth control pill was causing hair fall. Can Diane 35 be taken for a longer duration like three years?  Read Full »

Emergency Contraception: Alleviate Anxiety About Unwanted Pregnancy

Article Overview: Whenever a female has unprotected intercourse without using any kind of contraception, a chance of pregnancy is present. The female sometimes does not want to bear the risk of having a child at that point in her life. So, emergency contraception options are beneficial in such a case, to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In this article, we will discuss in detail about the methods of emergency contraception available and their mechanisms. Read Article

Emergency contraception is a method to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse has taken place. Methods Hereby, you can see different methods with the dose of drugs. Hormonal pill. IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device). 1. Hormonal pills: Two doses of oral combined contra...  Read Article

I had sex again after I-pill. Should I take another one?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unsafe sex yesterday and took I-pill in half an hour to avoid pregnancy. Today, I had sex again. Should I take another pill?  Read Full »