iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal Medicinesad moodHow to keep my mother happy after the passing away of my father?

My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 24, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 30, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your dedication towards your mother. I really appreciate that you are looking after your mother.

  • As you are her daughter, she is expecting that her son look after her. But, it is not possible in this case. So, she is really disappointed.
  • You should engage her in recreational activities like playing with grandchildren, meeting close relatives of the same age and involving herself in holistic activities so that she will be diverted from her problems.
  • Old age is like childhood. In such situations, we have to take care of our parents as our own children. Often, they become very aggressive. So, we need to listen to them patiently and share our unconditional love with them.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Rathod Rahul Narayanrao
Dr. Rathod Rahul Narayanrao

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy