Q. Please let me know some medicine to relieve burn injury pain.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

The patient is a 50 years old female. She had a burn injury on the inner side of the hand three days back. I have attached the picture. Now, the skin over the area is darkened. The thin skin over it has started peeling this morning. She has pain, burning sensation and not able to sleep. What can be done about this? It is in the inner side of hand and it keeps hurting due to constant irritation. I would like to know some medication to relieve the pain and some topical application if needed. She is having gastritis and taking Pantocid 40 mg for three days.

#

• The clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of a superficial scald, which is a minor burn injury.
  • It seems pretty clean and uninfected. As it heals, there can be a bit of burning and itching sensation.
  • She can use the medicines that I have suggested below.

Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
1. Dermocalm lotion (Calamine) in the morning and afternoon.
2. Silverex cream at night (Silver sulfadiazine and Chlorhexidine).
3. Tablet Dolo 650 mg (Acetaminophen) twice daily for three days after food.

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|