Q. I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Three days ago, I think I was bitten by something in my sleep. It does not seem to subside on its own so I am not sure what to do. The area looks red and is kind of warm. It feels like a bruise. I do not have any fever or weakness. I feel like this is something serious but I am not sure how to take care of it. What do you recommend?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

• Your concern may be Paederus dermatitis.
  • You can try Linical lotion (calamine) along with hydrocortisone cream.
  • Apply them twice daily on the affected area.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|