Q. I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
Published on Nov 11, 2017

Three days ago, I think I was bitten by something in my sleep. It does not seem to subside on its own so I am not sure what to do. The area looks red and is kind of warm. It feels like a bruise. I do not have any fever or weakness. I feel like this is something serious but I am not sure how to take care of it. What do you recommend?

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

• Your concern may be Paederus dermatitis.
  • You can try Linical lotion (calamine) along with hydrocortisone cream.
  • Apply them twice daily on the affected area.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

I still have painful bruises a year after iron injections. What needs to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old female. 12 months ago, I was given four iron injections in my buttocks alternating over four weeks. There is staining area of about six inches on each side which is fading. However, on the top and bottom edges of the stained area is a blue bruise which is as painful...  Read Full »

Do stings, breast lump, bruise and hair fall predict any sort of cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. I am feeling stings in my upper body for quite some time. The stings are sometimes in my chest and sometimes in my lower abdomen. They last for nearly 40 seconds, but are occasional. And there is a lump in my right breast. It is a solid lump and it does not ca...  Read Full »