Q. I feel discomfort in scrotum with squeezy pain. Why do I get this?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 27, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2020

I am not feeling comfortable with my scrotum. I feel it is squeezed and not free. Some time ago I had pain. I am feeling this for two years. Also, I visited a urologist who saw this and went through the sonography and urine test. But he said I cannot find anything. What might be the cause?

#

This looks like chronic prostatitis (long standing inflammation of the prostate). It can be confirmed by a rectal exam, sometimes enlarged prostate on sonography and in some cases positive urine or semen cultures. In some cases, diagnosis is clinical as all tests are negative.

Treatment includes long term antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, and medicines to soothe irritated nerves. I would suggest a semen culture, a post-prostatic-massage urine culture and sonography of prostate.

Start tablet Moxiflox (Moxifloxacin) 400 mg once daily for 10 days, Enzoflam (Paracetamol, Diclofenac, and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for seven days, Pantocid (Pantoprazole) 40 mg once daily for seven days, and Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) 10 mg once daily for 10 days.

Moxiflox may cause joint pain or tendinitis, Tryptomer may cause sedation. Let me know the above reports and also how it goes.

| 

I am staying abroad, so would those medicines be available here? Can you suggest some medicines which can be found here?

#

Take tablet Moxifloxacin 400 mg once daily or Bactrim DS twice daily, Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily, Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before breakfast and Amitryptylline 10 mg once daily at bedtime.

If you do not get these medications, ask your doctor to prescribe.

| 

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain below my stomach on a daily basis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager. My problem is that I am having pain below my stomach and it is happening on a daily basis. I thought maybe it is happening because of masturbation. So, I stopped doing it but it is still paining. I am not taking any medication.  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »