From yesterday I am having a sore throat and fever of 100. 9 degrees F.
It is fluctuating between 100.4 to 100.9 degrees F.
I am feeling a pricking sensation in my throat and a mild dry cough. I had drunk house water kept in the refrigerator for few days. I am also feeling a bit tired. I am also feeling chills occasionally.
I have the sense of smell and taste, however, for now. There is no chest pain when I breathe, nor do I have difficulty in breathing.
Exposure information -
I was going to the gym for few months during the evenings, where the gym people do temperature, oxygen, and pulse checks during entry.
I was wearing an N95 mask to the gym place and did gyming without a mask.
I was going out shopping and walking wearing a mask.
Do these symptoms indicate COVID-19 symptoms, or is it a common cold or flu?
Should I go for a COVID-19 test or wait and see if my symptoms are getting reduced in the coming days.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Sore throat, dry cough, fever, and cold are common to both common cold and to COVID. Having said that, most COVID patients complain of loss of smell and taste. Since you are not having both the problems, you are relatively safe. I would like to assure you that you do not have to panic. My Advice would be :
1. Take daily steam inhalations for 10 minutes thrice a day.
2. Saltwater gargle for throat each time, keeping the solution in your throat for atleast 20 seconds. Do this thrice daily.
3. Tablet Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) one hour before going to bed daily.
4. Syrup TusQ (Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine) With Dextromethorphan 5 ml thrice daily.
5. Tablet Vamol (Paracetamol) 650 mg two times a day after food.
6. Refrain from using iced or cold water.
7. Try workouts at home rather than gym since wearing a mask would be mandatory anywhere you go including inside a gym since it is technically outside and therefore a public area.
8. Please do take an RT-PCR test to rule out COVID rather than an antigen test. You will get the result in a day.
9. There is absolutely no need to panic. Medications will help you recover faster.
I hope I could be of help. Take care. Stay healthy, happy, and safe.
Do follow-up in case of any queries.
Common cold , Seasonal viral fever.Investigations to be done:
RT-PCR test for COVID-19.Preventive measures:
Continue wearing a mask preferably follow double masking, and continue to sanitize.Regarding follow up:
Follow-up with me after you receive your report.
Was this answer helpful?|
.. history, it is very clear that you are suffering from too many problems in your teenage. First thing, I want to clarify is you are having morbid obesity. Also, you suffer from chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease i.e. GERD. So you are having d... Read fullFever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. What can be done?
.. be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever d... Read fullI have tickly dry cough and nasal congestion. Please suggest a medicine.
.. likely a viral infection of the throat and nose. At present, you should have betadine gargles four times a day and tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 mg once a day for three to four days for nasal congestion. For cough, you can have syrup Alex (... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Family Physician Now