Seasonal Fever

My brother has a fever and body pain. Is that seasonal fever?

Query: Hello doctor,My brother has a fever for the past two days. And now he has pain in his full body. Is that seasonal fever or something else?  Read Full »

Dr. Raj Parekh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get your brother thoroughly checked. A fever profile needs to be done in a season like this mosquito-borne disease are very common.  Read Full »

I have fever-like symptoms and body pain. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last four to five days, I have a fever-like symptoms and body pain. I am a diabetic and Insulin dependent. What should I do? I am currently taking Lantus Insulin 20 units, NovoRapid 10 units, Olmin 40 and Lnbloc 20.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I am assuming that there is no fever. As in the query, there is a word fever-like and no fever. If this is not the case, then you are requested to see a doctor as fever along with diabetes is never a small thin...  Read Full »

My flu symptoms seem to be getting worse. What should I do to feel better?

Query: Hello doctor, I became sick yesterday and it just seems to be getting worse, I can barely stay awake. I have flu symptoms: severe aches in muscles and joints, pain and tiredness around the eyes, weakness or extreme fatigue, warm, flushed skin and red, watery eyes, a headache, sore throat, runny nos...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can well realize you are worried about your health.  This is a flu season actually and winter started out of nowhere this time. This kind of sudden change in weather leads to more flu cases than a cold weather that kicks in gradually. People are not acclimati...  Read Full »

My platelet count is decreasing, but dengue and malaria are negative. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a high-grade fever for the past six days. I checked for Widal test which was positive initially. My platelet counts were at 2.2 lakhs and now it is on a decreasing trend at 1.4 now. Also, the leucocyte count went from 7700 to 2400. Dengue and malaria test are negative...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue the same treatment. If the temperature does not come down in one or two days, we will go for further tests. Do not worry about platelets. It may go down in other diseases also. Since you are in the hospital, they will be checking your CBC (complete ...  Read Full »