Seborrheic Keratosis

I have sore on my forehead. Shall I try Sulfa antibiotic?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to my doctor yesterday for a sore on my forehead. I was concerned it would be skin cancer. He agreed that it looked strange, and suggested a Sulfa antibiotic to see if it is getting better. If not he told me to come back again. I am curious about it. Kindly give me an opinion on...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see it has formed scab now, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it could be, Folliculitis (I see a similar small red spot on the scalp), it responds to topical antibiotics like Clindamycin 1 %, Mupirocin 2 %. Irritated seborrheic keratosis ...  Read Full »

How to confirm melanoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mole on the right side of my face. It is uneven, weirdly colored, has no clear lines and bleed easily if scratched. I have a lot of moles in my scalp but none like this. Could it be melanoma? If it is not then can I just scratch it off? I wish to know your opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per experience only two skin diseases looks like this. The first one is of course melanoma and the second is seborrheic keratosis. The main signs and symptoms of melanoma are as follows: ...  Read Full »

What could the lesions on the back of a 65-year-old man be?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad is 65 years old and has lesions on his back. I have attached images for your reference. What could these be? He has a normal liver function test although his abdominal ultrasound shows fatty liver grade 2. He also has a normal lipid profile.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The dark spots are perhaps seborrheic keratosis which is a benign epidermal skin lesion. They are a part of aging and only of cosmetic concern. If desired, the seborrheic kera...  Read Full »

I have got round dark spots on the face. Please advice on how to remove it.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got round dark spots on face. It was light initially and became darker later on. Give me advice on how to remove it.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like seborrheic keratosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is it raised above the skin surface? Since how long do you have it?  Read Full »

Does the mole on my back look like seborrheic keratosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an ugly mole on my back. I saw a dermatologist about a year ago. I am sure he looked at this and I thought he may be said it was an S.K. but it does appear to have gotten darker than I remember it. It looks different than my other moles. A bit concerned.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clinically, this looks like SK, seborrheic keratosis, it is not a mole (attachment removed to protect patient identity). SK is a benign growth of epidermal cell called keratinocyte. Whereas a mole or benign nevus is the benign growth of melanocyte. In the picture, It ha...  Read Full »

I have some black spots on penile skin. What are these?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having some black spots on penile skin. What to do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be seborrheic keratosis or maybe a mole or wart. For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist   Read Full »

I have many bumps that are joining together and growing big. How to get rid of them?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many mole types of bumps joining up together. They have a waxy look and sometimes there is a yellow keratin-like fluid coming out of them. It is above my lip and no it is not cold sores. It has been growing over the last year. How can I remove it as it is getting big? They are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the clinical photographs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The differential diagnoses are: Closed comedones. Molluscum contagiosum. Milia. The treatment for all the above is needling and curettage. In case of mol...  Read Full »

I am unsure if this bump is a wart or a razor bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old male. On Monday night, I trimmed my pubic hair and while doing so, I felt a nick while trimming the bottom left side of my penis. After that, I shaved with a razor. On Tuesday morning, I noticed a bump and thought it might have been from the nick, but now I am startin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. From your description, the issue seems to be verruca plana or seborrhoeic keratosis. I suggest you go for cryotherapy. Until then, do not use a razor for shaving, as it might cause it to spread. For further queries consult a dermatologist onlin...  Read Full »

A new mark developed on my forehead recently. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a new mark on my forehead that has developed over the last week or so. It feels a bit crusty and is somewhat sore. But it does not look like a scab or a mole. What can it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern can be the following: Polymorphic light eruption (PLE). Seborrhoeic keratosis. I suggest you try using the following: Hydrocortisone cream, once daily at bedtime for a week. Neutrogena sunscreen of SPF 50 during noon. Avoid direct sunlight betwe...  Read Full »

I need a second opinion for my skin pigmentation.

Query: Hi doctor,I am seeking a second opinion on an issue. Recently, a doctor at a skin cancer clinic observed my hands and arms and noticed sunspots on my hands. I have something similar on my right inner forearm. In the past, I have noticed a spot growing adjacent to this. Another, dermatologist felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blotchy pigmentation is a common problem noticed in patients above 50 years of age. A sensitive skin predisposes more to such pigmentary changes. Your clinical images are suggestive of macular seborrheic keratosis or solar lentigo, both of which are benign. Although, comm...  Read Full »