Q. How can I get rid of round dark spots on the face?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I have got round dark spots on face. It was light initially and became darker later on. Give me advice on how to remove it.

Do you have a question on Seborrheic Keratosis or Dark Spots?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

MD(D.V.L
Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology

It looks like seborrheic keratosis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is it raised above the skin surface? Since how long do you have it?

It is persisting since last two years. It is not raised above the skin. I am attaching a new photo.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

MD(D.V.L
Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology

Spot peel can be done to reduce pigmentation of seborrheic keratosis. Also, start application of sunscreen daily in the morning. LA shield sunscreen during the day all over face and Tretin 0.025 % cream at bedtime only over pigmentation. It will help to reduce but for complete clearance, you may consider laser treatment or peel which is performed by a dermatologist.

Also Read Answers From: Seborrheic Keratosis Dark Spots

Is this growing spot on my face a young melanoma?
Query: Hello doctor,I recently had a melanoma in situ removed from my left middle finger knuckle. This has caused us to look more closely at other areas on the body. There is a small spot that was not there four months ago under my left eye. I started seeing it in photos after that faintly. It is now more ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your recent picture, the lesion looks like seborrheic keratosis (harmless), it looks rough and raised. I cannot confirm what it is with this picture. I am sorry dear, the picture becom...  Read Full »

What could the lesions on the back of a 65-year-old man be?
Query: Hello doctor, My dad is 65 years old and has lesions on his back. I have attached images for your reference. What could these be? He has a normal liver function test although his abdominal ultrasound shows fatty liver grade 2. He also has a normal lipid profile.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The dark spots are perhaps seborrheic keratosis which is a benign epidermal skin lesion. They are a part of aging and only of cosmetic concern. If desired, the seborrh...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now