Q. I get recurrent protruded mole on my leg that grows and falls off on its own. Is it melanoma?

I have a protruded mole on my leg (light color but it will become black if in contact with water), it lasts for about two or three years or more. I have no symptoms other than it will fall off as time pasts and grow back itself. I was wondering what would it be as I am worried if that is some kind of melanoma?

#

I have seen your query and examined your given picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems you have developed seborrheic keratosis or a mole. Do you have this mole since birth? Nothing looks like melanoma. Shave excision with the histopathological examination is a good option in your case because it is curative and diagnostic both.

No, it is not present since birth, as I remember. I just realized it these few years as it will fall off itself, but then it will grow back again. I am just worried if that is melanoma or other possible invasive diseases as there are some red dots surrounding it as we can see in the picture.

#

Welcome back to icilniq.com.

Since it is not from birth, then the chances of mole or melanoma are rare. You can go for excision biopsy for curative and diagnostic purposes. Other treating options are the local application of Salactin solution (Salicylic acid and Lactic acid) over the affected areas daily during the night.

Methods of application, clean the area and apply an emollient over the surrounding area and then with the help of applicator comes with the solution apply over the lesion and leave it for the whole night then wash it in the morning. Do it daily, it will fall off in two to three weeks duration. Or you can go for radio-frequency cautery removal that should be done by dermatologist only.

|