Q. I have some black spots on penile skin. What are these?

Published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having some black spots on penile skin. What to do?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• It could be seborrheic keratosis or maybe a mole or wart.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do I need treatment? Can it be removed? I really want it to be removed or cured. Please advise.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• For this you need to go to your nearby dermatologist and he can remove it with the help of radiofrequency cautery or CO2 laser.

Please explain the treatment. Will it cause any pain? How long will it take? After removal, is there any chance for recurrence?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• This procedure is usually done under local anesthesia. Your dermatologist may give local infiltration of Xylocaine (Lignocaine) in each of the lesions and within a few minutes that area get numb and then he can burn it with the help of radiofrequency cautery or CO2 laser.
  • You will not feel any pain during the procedure. Slight pain will be there when he infiltrates the Xylocaine into the lesions.
  • It is an OPD procedure (outpatient department) and within 15 to 30 minutes all lesions can be removed in one sitting.
  • Then, you have to apply antibiotic cream like Mupirocin or Fudic (Fusidic acid) twice for five days and painkiller like Combiflam (Paracetamol) twice daily for two to three days if you feel any pain after removal.
  • The chance of recurrence with seborrheic keratosis is rare.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Can I undergo surgery for Basal Cell Carcinoma under local anesthesia?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 60 year old healthy female with medically controlled hypertension. I have Behcet’s disease, though mostly under control. I have had various tropical diseases. I also had hepatitis A at childhood, and TB meningitis. I also have scoliosis.  I have been diagnosed BCC (Basal...  Read Full »

I drank cold drinks before going to my dentist. Could it prevent my tooth from getting numb?

Query: Hi doctor, I broke a tooth, so I went to the dentist, and I was very upfront about not having a root canal treatment. I preferred to get it extracted rather. She numbed my tooth and said she was going to fix it. After she had finished, she said I was going to need a root canal treatment. Now my too...  Read Full »

What Can Cause Sudden Tingling And Itchy Sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here...  Read Full »