Q. I have some black spots on penile skin. What are these?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having some black spots on penile skin. What to do?

#

• It could be seborrheic keratosis or maybe a mole or wart.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Do I need treatment? Can it be removed? I really want it to be removed or cured. Please advise.

#

I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• For this you need to go to your nearby dermatologist and he can remove it with the help of radiofrequency cautery or CO2 laser.

Please explain the treatment. Will it cause any pain? How long will it take? After removal, is there any chance for recurrence?

#

• This procedure is usually done under local anesthesia. Your dermatologist may give local infiltration of Xylocaine (Lignocaine) in each of the lesions and within a few minutes that area get numb and then he can burn it with the help of radiofrequency cautery or CO2 laser.
  • You will not feel any pain during the procedure. Slight pain will be there when he infiltrates the Xylocaine into the lesions.
  • It is an OPD procedure (outpatient department) and within 15 to 30 minutes all lesions can be removed in one sitting.
  • Then, you have to apply antibiotic cream like Mupirocin or Fudic (Fusidic acid) twice for five days and painkiller like Combiflam (Paracetamol) twice daily for two to three days if you feel any pain after removal.
  • The chance of recurrence with seborrheic keratosis is rare.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|