Q. I have a few dark spots on my penis shaft. What it could be?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

Today while bathing, I noticed a few dark spots on my penis shaft. I am currently taking medication for high blood pressure.

#

Please send a few more good-quality photographs taken in natural light from different angles and distances.

Do you any symptoms? I am looking forward to your response to help you.

Thank you for your reply.

There are no symptoms of itching or anything. I saw the spots and freaked out. Just shaved to take a clearer picture.

#

There are two diseases which I can observe,

1. Genital macular melanosis is due to an increase in melanocytes in the dermis and is harmless in 99.9 % of cases.

2. Seborrheic keratosis, which are elevated, is mostly age-related changes, mostly harmless, and can be easily removed by laser.

So my advice is to keep observing them, and if you are noticing any change in size, shape, and color, you need to go for dermoscopic examination or get them removed. I hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

|