Q. Is there any issue with my semen report?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

My semen result is as follows. Volume 2 mL, pearly white in color and viscous, 30 minutes liquefaction time, 20 millions/mL sperm count, 20% motility, normal morphology 30% and abnormal morphology 15%. Is there any issue with my semen report? Is there any abnormality that will lead to problem in having a baby? How to increase sperm count? Currently, I am using COZY-Q10 tablet under doctor prescription. Previously, I had smoking habit. But, I quit smoking a year ago.

#

I can understand your concern.

• The semen volume, sperm concentration and liquefaction time are in normal range. Morphology is also normal.
  • The main area that needs attention is motility, which is lower than normal. Since the concentration is good, that should not cause much effect on childbearing.
  • Never smoke in the future, because this reduces motility.
  • Coenzyme Q is a good supplement to improve semen parameters.
  • You can try Speman, which will also help you in improving the parameters. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|