Coenzyme Q10

Please suggest treatment to become a father.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sperm count of less than 10 million per mL. The semen analysis reported as follows: Volume 3 mL, abnormal forms 0℅, motility - rapidly progressive 20℅, sluggishly progressive 20℅, non progressive10℅ and immotile 50℅, pus cells 10-12/HPF and vitality 50℅. What are the...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since your sperm count is low and immotile sperm count is high, there is 40% to 50% chance. But, definitely there is a treatment for the same. Please consult your specialist doctor. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

Please check our reports and tell us if I can conceive.

Query: Hi doctor, We have been trying to conceive for the past 3 years. My wife's report is normal. My semen analysis report is as follows. Volume 0.8 mL (2 - 6), appearance grayish white, liquefaction 60 minutes (20 - 60), viscous, pH 8.0, morphologically ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At present, are you on any medication? Did you have any other tests apart from semen examination? Your report shows decrease motility of sperms. Otherwise, all other parameters look fine. Decreased motility can be due to many reasons including smoking and alcohol. I s...  Read Full »

Why do I have confusion and significant short-term memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a serum PEL IFE with a free light chain analysis. PEL and IFE were normal, but elevated kappa 39.86 mg/L and lambda 19 mg/L with the ratio of 2:1. The test was done due to persistent and worsening polyneuropathy. Currently, I am having confusion and significant short-term m...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. These reports need evaluation for the cause of multiple myeloma. However, I do not strongly suspect it based on these reports as a lot of the asymptomatic general population has an elevated kappa chain with no significance. Still, a bone marrow e...  Read Full »

Can permanent changes in the brain result from sleep deprivation?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not used to sleep a lot from early age. Daily to the maximum I will sleep for 6-7 hours. Now, these days I find scary researches about how sleep deprivation can damage brain permanently. I want to know whether my condition too is also related to sleep deprivation. Will it cause any p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the research has gained a lot of attention and we do consider the facts. But, what has been done cannot be reversed. However, if we go with clinical experience, usually people who modify back there lifestyle do not get any ill effects in life. In fact, I would adv...  Read Full »

Can I take Coenzyme Q10 and Ashwagandha on the same day?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I take Coenzyme Q10 and Ashwagandha on the same day?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coenzyme Q10 had a specific benefit. Ashwagandha is a herbal supplement with multiple actions on various biochemical and metabolic pathways. From pharmacology, Naturopathy, and Integrative Medicine perspective, I can suggest taking both the medicine together. But I sug...  Read Full »

My sperm count is zero. Can I go ahead with ICSI?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an issue of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Due to that my sperm count was zero. As per my doctor's advice, I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 weekly twice over the last 12 months. I took semen analysis test at two centers and it shows sperm production has started. I shared the result ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The semen sample given by you has been taken eight days back and had pus cells. But, the one taken three days back was not. If we can another semen culture to know whether there is any infection, then it would be better. As the count being too low and mostly all sperms...  Read Full »

Will DHEA and Ubiquinol still work while on birth control pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39. RE has me on 600 mg Ubiquinol and 75 mg of DHEA daily due to poor egg quality. However, I am also on birth control pills due to bad endometriosis. Will the DHEA and Ubiquinol still work while on the pill? I have had two failed IVF cycles.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Birth control pills are a combination of estrogen and progesterone hormones. They just prevent the ovulation and have no effects on the actions of the DHEA and Ubiquinol. You can have them both at the same time. If I may advise, you already have ...  Read Full »

What are my chances of becoming a father?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male married for five years. My wife and I are trying for a baby for the last two and a half years with no luck. My wife had gone for an HSG and other tests and her reports are all good. My semen analysis was fine too. We had gone for IUI thrice with no luck. Now, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your report, you have asthenoteratozoospermia. Also, your report shows pus cells. Now, I suggest the following:  Get a semen culture done to rule out an infection in the semen which may ...  Read Full »

Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The semen count is normal, but the motility is decreased. Motility can be decreased in an infection or if there is a deficiency o...  Read Full »

Is there any issue with my semen report?

Query: Hi doctor, My semen result is as follows. Volume 2 mL, pearly white in color and viscous, 30 minutes liquefaction time, 20 millions/mL sperm count, 20% motility, normal morphology 30% and abnormal morphology 15%. Is there any issue with my semen report? Is there any abnormality that will lead to pro...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The semen volume, sperm concentration and liquefaction time are in normal range. Morphology is also normal. The main area that needs attention is motility, which is lower than normal. Since the concentration is good, that should not cause...  Read Full »