Q. My tooth is sensitive even after using an anti-sensitivity toothpaste. Please help.

Dr. Honey Arora

I am experiencing a sensitivity in my tooth, whenever I drink something cold. I have sensitivity on the front tooth, both on the upper and lower jaws. I also notice a crack down the front teeth on the lower jaws. I started using a sensitivity relief toothpaste. Initially, it worked quite well. But, after three weeks, I felt a pain in the same area again. Can you please guide me how to deal with this problem? Also, my front tooth is transparent.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• It appears to be dentinal hypersensitivity, and it occurs due to the opening of the nerve endings on the surface of the teeth.
  • If there is crack on the teeth, then an X-ray should be done, to rule out the cause. The treatment can be planned accordingly.
  • If it is due to hypersensitivity, then using an anti-sensitivity toothpaste can help, but it should not be used for more than 15 days at a stretch, and you need to change back to your regular toothpaste after that.
  • If you do not get a relief, you should go for other in-office treatments like fluoride application, dentine adhesive or laser treatment.

Hope this helps.

For further queries contact a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|