Q. Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 27, 2019

My wife is pregnant. She is in her first trimester now. We did not have sex after knowing the pregnancy. Is there any medical problem in having sex during the pregnancy?

#

I have read and understood your problem.

• There is no restriction as such, but there can be pain due to uterine contractions or in some cases bleeding.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|