Q. Is it advisable to take Unwanted 72 after four days of sexual intercourse?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Dec 11, 2018

I had sex with my fiancee on the 11th day of her cycle and only once. Are there any chances of getting pregnant and today is the 4th day. Can she have Unwanted 72? Does that have any effect on her and what is the medication to be followed in case of pregnancy to avoid it?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If her cycle is regular of around 28 days, there is 20 to 25 % chance of pregnancy. Unwanted 72 does not work effectively after 72 hours of unprotected sex, so no point in taking it now. If she misses her next period and pregnancy is confirmed, you need to consult a gynecologist for medical abortion as such medicines are not available over the counter and need a prescription. There is nothing right now (except for Cu-T insertion, which is invasive and unlikely to be acceptable), so you can just relax and wait for next period.

Is Unwanted-72 effective when taken an hour after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi¬†doctor, My wife had Unwanted-72 an hour after unprotected sex. Would it protect her from an unwanted pregnancy?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shubhadeep Bhattacharjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even the emergency pills like Unwanted-72 carry a failure rate of 1 %. So, please ensure she take a urine pregnancy test if she misses a period. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online...  Read Full

Took unwanted 72 after having an unprotected sex. Will I be pregnant?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had unprotected sex. She took unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Will she be pregnant? In case she becomes pregnant, suggest any options other than abortion.  Read Full >>

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query at icliniq. You have taken emergency contraception as advised. That is very good. 99% of the times this will work well, but her menstrual period may be delayed. At this point you do not have to do anything. If the periods are delayed more than a week then you ha...  Read Full

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that you are experiencing an early stage of urinary infection. When you have sex, some penile secretions and semen may enter the bladder. It is a good practice to pass urine after sex. This may not need medication. Have lots of water, milk, juice, barley water or...  Read Full