Sexual Abuse

Why am I scared of being touched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am scared of being touched. This does not apply to my family or close friends. I feel like this started maybe because of the complicated relationship I have with my dad or due to sexual harassment by a guy by touching me. I remember that there was one time where I froze up and could...  Read Full »

Dr. E Easodhavidhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your queries and believe I have fairly understood your issues. However, a few things could help me answer your concern better, which are missing. From the query, I understand the main issue here is being scared of getting touched. Did this start after...  Read Full »

I was abused mentally and physically. What can I do to solve this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, Before four years, I had a dating with a guy. After a year, he kissed another girl, and I saw him. He said to me it was just once and nothing else. I have recently found out that he was involved romantically with her all the time and I have been an option for him. I was abused mentally an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your relationship problem. I can understand you. It is difficult to manage it, but it is not impossible. You have to move away from that guy. If someone loves you, then that person will be happy, if you progress or achieve something in your life...  Read Full »

How to concentrate on my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so depressed with my life. Everything is going good now, but some past activities and incidents of my life are not getting over. Also, there are some characters in my family who ruined my past life and also trying to ruin my present life. I cannot tolerate them. There are lots of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you are really feeling very low, exhausted and numb, then I think you should start with a good antidepressant medication. I suggest Nexito 10 mg (Escitalopram) once a day and wait for the results for at least four to six weeks. Consult your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Faced domestic and sexual abuse. Now, PTSD is ruining my life. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, PTSD is controlling my life. I was raped six to seven times and faced domestic abuse for four months until I escaped. Each time sex has been hard for me. After the domestic abuse, it is so bad that I have to stop in some strokes and if not then I will throw up on them.Sometimes it happen...  Read Full »

Dr. Poosha Darbha

Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your concern with me. I can understand your situation and feelings. I can assure you that this is not going to be with you forever. You would benefit from counseling and therapeutic techniques such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) by a clinica...  Read Full »

Can a child be a victim for sexual abuse?

Query: Hello doctor, Would a 4 year old child, who is diagnosed with gastroenteritis, show severe inflammation from rectum all the way up to the tail end of the colon? He was diagnosed based on vomiting and diarrhea. His vomit and diarrhea were of the consistency of thick peanut butter and both looked ide...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is really very unfortunate that you are dealing with this problem. For gastroenteritis to cause such a massive inflammation of colon there should be some associated symptoms like fever or pain in abdomen. Gastroenteritis should have persisted for a longer period of tim...  Read Full »

I have persistent thoughts of having committed a sexual assault. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor,I was in a strip club. I had a stripper perform a lap dance. She allowed me to touch her private parts. But, she pushed my hand away when I tried to finger her and continued with the dance as if this was not a problem. I have talked with a number of mental health specialists who have to...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So, what is bothering you? Is it the complaints from her side or the suspicions about acquiring sexually transmitted diseases?  Feel free to ask your doubts with more details. Revert with more information to a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor...  Read Full »

I am experiencing psychosis after being sexually abused for years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old, and I have been sexually abused as a child for many years. I have never told anyone, and now my parents got divorced. I am experiencing numbness and psychosis symptoms, but they do not affect my daily life, and no one knows what I am going through. I wanted to know...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I empathize with you. Sexual abuse in childhood is perhaps the most brutal and tragic thing that can happen to a person. The scars of that enormous trauma never fade away. I believe you have post-traumatic stress disorder. It is not a psychotic disorder but a...  Read Full »

I am depressed because a relative keeps touching my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I have had instances where a relative peeped into my room while I was changing, or touching me at private places. As a result, I do not trust anyone, and I never share things with anyone. I feel immensely depressed. It has been going on since I was 9 ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have to understand that you cannot let anyone, even if he is your relative, do anything against your will. You are just 18 years old, and if the thing is continuing even after complaining to your mother, then better to tell your fathe...  Read Full »

Can you give some advise on how to pursue with my son's unusual behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old son has displayed a very disturbing sexual behavior. As far as I know, the incident was isolated. I am unsure if this is a usual behavior for his age group or not. I thought he was playing video games when I grounded him from them, because he was up in the playroom very quie...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. If the incident is isolated, then I think you should overlook the certain incident other than trying to know where he got all this information. There is a good possibility that he has either seen some videos (may be porn) of...  Read Full »