Common "Sexual Abuse" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Sexual Abuse

Sexual abuse is also known as molestation. It is an abusive behavior done by one person on another person. It is done by force or by taking advantage of another person. The person who sexually abuses an individual is known as the offender or molester. The person who has been sexually abused is called the victim.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I had a sexual abuse, and have PTSD. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, PTSD is controlling my life. I was raped six to seven times and faced domestic abuse for four months until I escaped. Each time sex has been hard for me. After the domestic abuse, it is so bad that I have to stop in some strokes and if not then I will throw up on them.Sometimes it happen...  Read Full »

Dr. D. V. R. Poosha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for sharing your concern with me. I can understand your situation and feelings. I can assure you that this is not going to be with you forever. You would benefit from counseling and therapeutic techniques such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) by a clinica...  Read Full »

My 7-year-old son has disturbing sexual behavior. How to handle him?

Query: Hi doctor, My seven year old son has displayed a very disturbing sexual behavior. As far as I know, the incident was isolated. I am unsure if this is a usual behavior for his age group or not. I thought he was playing video games when I grounded him from them, because he was up in the playroom very ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. If the incident is isolated, then I think you should overlook the certain incident other than trying to know where he got all this information. There is a good possibility that he has either seen some videos (may be porn) ...  Read Full »

Why do I have consistent thoughts of committing a sexual assault after trying to finger a stripper?

Query: Hello doctor,I was in a strip club. I had a stripper perform a lap dance. She allowed me to touch her private parts. But, she pushed my hand away when I tried to finger her and continued with the dance as if this was not a problem. I have talked with a number of mental health specialists who have to...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair Bhaskaran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to So, what is bothering you? Is it the complaints from her side or the suspicions about acquiring sexually transmitted diseases?  Feel free to ask your doubts with more details. Revert with more information to a sexologist online -->  Read Full »

What is pedophilia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have constant attention towards my penis. I am having images of masturbating in front of people. I have constant urges to touch or rub my private parts, even in the presence of children. Am I a pedophile? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. You are not a pedophile. You have obsessive thought disorder. I suggest you follow the below lifestyle to deal with it. 1) You need to control yourself. 2) Kindly avoid staying alone. 3) Keep yourself busy and active. ...  Read Full »

My child is suspected of being sexually abused. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Would a 4-year old child, who is diagnosed with gastroenteritis, show severe inflammation from rectum all the way up to the tail end of the colon? He was diagnosed based on vomiting and diarrhea. His vomit and diarrhea were of the consistency of thick peanut butter and both looked ide...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is really very unfortunate that you are dealing with this problem. For gastroenteritis to cause such a massive inflammation of colon there should be some associated symptoms like fever or pain in abdomen. Gastroenteritis should have persisted for a longer period of ...  Read Full »

I am an angry victim of sexual abuse with depression, obsession, and self-harm. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I do self-harm and I am over-obsessed, angry, and depressed. I feel irritability, restlessness, tiredness, and yelling. In addition, criticism makes me furious. Trust issues are more along with concentration problems, and a feeling that I may hurt others which makes me furious. I am a vic...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your query. You have mentioned that there is a history of sexual abuse and a lot of individuals develop such symptoms. Anxiety and depressive symptoms are commonly seen. They develop mood swings, anger, ideas of self-harm, persistent irritability, etc. Thi...  Read Full »

How to overcome depression and prevent sexual abuse that has been occurring since childhood?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I have had instances where a relative peeped into my room while I was changing, or touching me at private places. As a result, I do not trust anyone, and I never share things with anyone. I feel immensely depressed. It has been going on since I was 9 yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. You have to understand that you cannot let anyone, even if he is your relative, do anything against your will. You are just 18 years old, and if the thing is continuing even after complaining to your mother, then better to tell your fathe...  Read Full »

My cousin touched me in my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18 year old girl. My cousin brother is kidding me and touching me in some private parts. He is also doing the same with my fellow cousin sisters. But I am not quite sure what it is? Please help me to find a way. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It seems to be sexual abuse as described by you, so keep in mind the following things: Be firm and warn him. If he did not stop, then go straight to your parents, talk to them and tell all other cousins also. Do not allow him for taking any advantages, which you think u...  Read Full »

I was sexually abused in childhood. Do I have mental disorder because of it?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to understand if I have a mental illness. I was sexually abused by my grandfather and two cousins when I was only five years old. I never told my parents until now. I was in high school when I realized that I was abused because I thought that it was a child's game. I pitied myself ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation and you have a traumatic childhood. It is fine that you opened up in front of your boyfriend. If he loves you then he will accept you as you are with your past. Ot...  Read Full »

Why am I scared of being touched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am scared of being touched. This does not apply to my family or close friends. I feel like this started maybe because of the complicated relationship I have with my dad or due to sexual harassment by a guy by touching me. I remember that there was one time where I froze up and could...  Read Full »

Dr. Easodhavidhya Elango

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I went through your queries and believe I have fairly understood your issues. However, a few things could help me answer your concern better, which are missing. From the query, I understand the main issue here is being scared of getting touched. Did this start after...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.