Q. I have sinusitis. Am I at high risk of getting Coronavirus infection?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2020

I am a sinusitis patient. But I do not face any breathing problems. And I am just 21 year old. Is Corona dangerous for sinusitis patients? Please tell me I really want to know.

#

Corona is dangerous for each and everyone one of us. However, there are few conditions where the patient's body immunity is on the lower side. One such condition is recurrent allergy associated sinusitis. You may be completely asymptomatic, but in general patients probe for allergy and associated sinusitis do have a slightly higher risk for acquiring any infection for that matter.

It is always better to take adequate care and precautionary measures must be followed at all costs failing which you not only expose yourself but expose others as well. Make sure that the sinusitis and related symptoms are treated in an effective manner. I have not gone into the treatment for sinusitis as your question was very specific regarding the lethality of Coronavirus in patients with sinusitis.

| 
1 out of 1 likes