Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have hard skin patches in hands and feet for more than 10 years. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 20-year-old female. I have many hard skin patches majorly in exposed areas like hands and feet. They started around when I was 10 years old. I have consulted many doctors in the past, and all of them have different opinions like some would say it is an allergic reaction or it is a mosquito bite allergy and also deficiency of vitamin E. After any mosquito bites, it really urges to scratch, and I tend to scratch a lot and due to some reason I do also pluck my skin. Also, I have sensitive skin. I can also send you a photo of these patches.

I am looking forward to your reply. Currently, I apply Mometasone furoate cream on the affected area.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to

It indeed looks like an insect bite hypersensitivity reaction, also known as papular urticaria (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best way to manage this is protection from insect and mosquito bite. Use repellents, or liquid mosquito vaporizers, or full sleeve clothes and mosquito nets, etc.

As this is not always possible, you need to take medications also. Continue using Mometasone furoate cream and take these tablets. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent.

1. Tablet Dapsone 100 mg once a day.

2. Tablet Teczine M 10 mg (Levocetirizine, Montelukast) once at night.

Get G6PD test (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase) done before starting Dapsone once.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can cafe-au-lait spots cause neurofibromatosis?
Does vitamin deficiency cause premature ejaculation?
Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Will Dexilant worsen reflux symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old female. I am 5'11" and I weigh 145 lbs. I have been generally healthy my whole life other than some minor chronic conditions (IBS, sinusitis). I had a hysterectomy two years back and appendectomy four years back. I was recently diagnosed with a sliding hiatal hernia...  Read Full »

What could the lesions on the back of a 65-year-old man be?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad is 65 years old and has lesions on his back. I have attached images for your reference. What could these be? He has a normal liver function test although his abdominal ultrasound shows fatty liver grade 2. He also has a normal lipid profile.  Read Full »

Eosinophilia: A Brief Discussion Regarding Causes and Management

Article Overview: Eosinophilia or a rise in the eosinophil count can occur due to allergy or skin infection, or due to HIV infection or cancer. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Parth R Goswami
Allergy Specialist

Eosinophilia Definition Eosinophilia is said to be present when the absolute eosinophil count is more than 400/cmm (some books mention eosinophilia when the absolute count is more than 500/cmm). Etiology: I will describe in brief the causes of eosinophilia so that it will help in detecting the und...  Read Article

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.