Q. My scrotum and penis have become black. How can I manage it?

Answered by
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

Hello doctor,

What is this black mark and white spot? I am 22 years old, virgin and really worried about this. It is not itchy or painful but whatever it takes I want to get rid of it. Also, my penis and scrotum have turned very dark, therefore, I want to get back my original color. Also, I see some pimples kind of thing on my scrotum. And the whole area has too much foul smell. So, I need to get that cleared too. Please help.



Welcome to

Any history of injury over the white area? Since how long have you noticed it? Any itching or other symptoms? Secondly, The dark color is normal. It gets darker in teenage with hormonal changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest not to use anything to lighten it as it can have side-effects. Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to clean the affected area once daily. Apply Phytoral dusting powder once daily.

Hi doctor,

Thank you so much for your great advices. There is no history of any kind of injury. I have this mark from the past three years. There is no itching or any other sign of discomfort but it really worries and disturbs my mental health. So, I want to fix this white spot. My genital area was not this dark ever. It has suddenly changed which gives me an inferiority complex. If you think there can be a possible treatment for this, then I would highly appreciate your recommendation.



Welcome back to

You can apply Tacrovera 0.03 % cream (little amount) over the white spot and then let me know after one month. You can apply Kojivit cream over the genital area.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What are these small red itchy bumps around my groin?

.. more information on your problem. Since how long do you have this problem? Is there any skin discoloration seen? Kindly let me know above details. Also, if possible kindly upload a picture of inner thigh region. Revert back with the ask...   Read full

Why are there small red bumps in beard area when I wake up?

.. saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This condition is called folliculitis. It is the infection of hair follicles that form red bumps and pustules around the opening of hairs on the skin surface. Most of the time the...   Read full

There is a small painlessbump underneath the shaft of penis. What it could be?

Hello doctor,I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

The New COVID Variant From South Africa (Omicron)
The World Health Organisation has enlisted Omicron to be a variant of concern. Just scroll down the article to know abou...  Read more»
Managing Diabetes During Festive Season
All the festivals are indirectly a danger sign for diabetic patients. Read this article to know more about how to handle...  Read more»
What You Should Eat and Drink for A Healthy Life!!
Food is essential for our survival, and what we eat definitely impacts our health. We can easily reduce the risk of many...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.