Q. My scrotum and penis have become black. How can I manage it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

What is this black mark and white spot? I am 22 years old, virgin and really worried about this. It is not itchy or painful but whatever it takes I want to get rid of it. Also, my penis and scrotum have turned very dark, therefore, I want to get back my original color. Also, I see some pimples kind of thing on my scrotum. And the whole area has too much foul smell. So, I need to get that cleared too. Please help.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Any history of injury over the white area? Since how long have you noticed it? Any itching or other symptoms? Secondly, The dark color is normal. It gets darker in teenage with hormonal changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest not to use anything to lighten it as it can have side-effects. Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to clean the affected area once daily. Apply Phytoral dusting powder once daily.

| 

Thank you so much for your great advices. There is no history of any kind of injury. I have this mark from the past three years. There is no itching or any other sign of discomfort but it really worries and disturbs my mental health. So, I want to fix this white spot. My genital area was not this dark ever. It has suddenly changed which gives me an inferiority complex. If you think there can be a possible treatment for this, then I would highly appreciate your recommendation.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

You can apply Tacrovera 0.03 % cream (little amount) over the white spot and then let me know after one month. You can apply Kojivit cream over the genital area.

| 

What can cause heel pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 67 year old male. I am overweight, mildly diabetic and have high BP. I have pain on backside of my left heel. It increases in the evening. I think I have Achilles tendinitis. Please help.  Read Full »

What are these small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for penis pain due to balanoposthitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had mild penis pain below the glans. The doctor checked and informed minimal balanoposthitis. I took Microdox 100 for 15 days, Zocon for seven days, Gabapentin for 15 days. There was a relief. He asked me to apply Onabet cream for 15 days. When I apply Onabet cream it relieves me but...  Read Full »