Q. My scrotum and penis have become black. How can I manage it?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

What is this black mark and white spot? I am 22 years old, virgin and really worried about this. It is not itchy or painful but whatever it takes I want to get rid of it. Also, my penis and scrotum have turned very dark, therefore, I want to get back my original color. Also, I see some pimples kind of thing on my scrotum. And the whole area has too much foul smell. So, I need to get that cleared too. Please help.

#

Any history of injury over the white area? Since how long have you noticed it? Any itching or other symptoms? Secondly, The dark color is normal. It gets darker in teenage with hormonal changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest not to use anything to lighten it as it can have side-effects. Use Cetaphil cleansing lotion to clean the affected area once daily. Apply Phytoral dusting powder once daily.

Thank you so much for your great advices. There is no history of any kind of injury. I have this mark from the past three years. There is no itching or any other sign of discomfort but it really worries and disturbs my mental health. So, I want to fix this white spot. My genital area was not this dark ever. It has suddenly changed which gives me an inferiority complex. If you think there can be a possible treatment for this, then I would highly appreciate your recommendation.

#

You can apply Tacrovera 0.03 % cream (little amount) over the white spot and then let me know after one month. You can apply Kojivit cream over the genital area.

|