Glans Penis

Glans penis is the normal anatomical head of the penis. It is a mucous tissue which is covered by the foreskin in uncircumcised men.

My penis got swollen after sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After I had sex for the first time, there is a piece of skin on the side of the penis. Is it normal? It is very sensitive and uncomfortable. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the picture is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that it is normal. If there is any swelling or tenderness over that area, visit a doctor for help. If not, there is nothing to worry. For more information consult a sexolo...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

What causes a white film on the penis?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I can observe a white layer on my penis head just beneath the foreskin.  This layer gets removed after washing, but appears again. Is this any sexually transmitted disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Syam Kumar Chandrasekharan

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there will be a white creamy layer on glans penis (rounded head of the penis), when you pull your foreskin down. It is nothing but smegma - a combination of shed epithelial cells, oily secretion from glans penis and moisture. If there is no pain, ...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause numbness in penis?

Query: Hello Doctor I am a 30 year old male, married for 2 years. I do not smoke or drink. There is no medical history. My penis is circumcised from childhood. The problem which I am facing is that I do not feel any sensation in my penis glans at the time of sex or while masturbating.In normal state, my p...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Having less or no sensation in penis while having sex is generally due to local factors. The systemic illnesses rarely affect in this way. Masturbation is normal and it does not have any adverse effects either on sensat...  Read Full »

After Laser Treatment of Penile Papules, My Penis Has Become Dark

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I had pearly papules on my glans penis a long time ago. I got them removed three months ago by a dermatologist with CO2 laser. Now, bottom of the glans penis is very dark purple in color. I have tried to put some gels on it, but had no success with that. I will attach ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern...  Read Full »

Why do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albend...  Read Full »

Do I have a potentiality for circumcision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. Do I have a potentiality for circumcision? I have maximum turgid retraction without pain depicted in the first image. Enquiring as to whether a circumcision would benefit and possible logistics of such. What would be involved in my particular instance? What "t...  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it is understood that you have had trauma and tears of the frenulum. I would suggest I consider circumcision. The standard procedure includes removal of the whole of the prepuce. There are some options like cosmetic circumcision where the foreski...  Read Full »

Inspite of having Zovirax, rashes on my penis has not subsided. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I got rashes on my glans penis after sex with my wife. I have consulted a doctor and he suggested to use Zovirax 200 mg four times a day for one week, thinking that it is herpes. But, I think it is not. I have used it but no improvement at all. The rashes gettin...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send more clear photographs for better diagnosis. Also send the photograph of the lesion before taking Zovirax (Acyclovir) Revert back with clear pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

Which soap should I use to clean the glans?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small red bumps on the penile head since a week. They occurred possibly after I took antibiotics for tonsil infection. It caused acidity. It started with mild itching on penile head. The itching subsided after a couple of days, but the small red bumps are still present. They are...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These bumps could be a result of infection or fixed drug eruption. You also need to retract your prepuce and clean the glans with soap while bathing up to the coronal area. Please send me a picture and also let me know the exact name of the medications that you took. I sh...  Read Full »