Glans Penis

Glans penis is the normal anatomical head of the penis. It is a mucous tissue which is covered by the foreskin in uncircumcised men.

The outer skin of my penis looks reddish. What could be done?

Query: Hello doctor, The outer skin of my penis looks reddish. I also have pain at the point where the penis is attached underneath the foreskin. I do not have a problem with erection. Please suggest medicines. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a few good quality photographs taken in natural light.  Regards. Revert with more information to a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

Why do I feel pain when trying to open the foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, My penis foreskin does not open softly. If I try opening, I feel pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from paraphimosis. This is a condition in which the foreskin gets trapped behind the glans penis (head of the penis) and does not return back to its original position when pulled. This induces pain. You need a surgical correction and release. Otherw...  Read Full »

I am unable to pull my foreskin back. Do I require circumcision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to pull my foreskin back which I believe might affect my sexual life. My age is 28 years. I was told by someone that circumcision is an option.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Difficulty to pull the foreskin back over glans (head of penis) is a problematic situation, it does hamper the sexual performance as well. This condition is called phimosis. It can be physiological, which is present since birth and resolves spontaneously by early a...  Read Full »

Will sexual activity cause changes in the shape of glans and size of meatus?

Query: Hello doctor, In the last two months, I am noticing that the shape of the tip of my penis is slightly changed. In addition, the meatus (penis hole) is bigger in comparison to two months ago. I did not have intercourse in the last two months. I only do masturbation two times a week with olive oil as...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The shape or size of the meatus (opening of the urethra) usually does not have any significant medical significance. As penis change size according to the sexual stimulus or even surrounding temperatures. Because of that, meatus can appear to change in size. So only ...  Read Full »

What is balanitis and how is it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old male, and I am sexually inactive. I have bright red patches on the penis glans and foreskin for many years. I used tablet Augmentin 625 for seven days, but it did not go away completely. It sometimes itches but not much. A little white fluid comes near the red patch...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach a picture of the lesion so that I can diagnose it and guide accordingly. Also, please provide the following details: Do you have history of circumcision? Is your penile hygiene improper? Are the lesions itchy? Are there recurrent episodes of balaniti...  Read Full »

The head of my penis is red. Is this an STD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. The head of my penis is red and I have been using Hydrocortisone cream 2.5 % to treat the redness. It seems to make it go away temporarily but it keeps coming back. I do have psoriasis on my elbows and the butterfly on my nose and under my eyes. I also have ro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the clinical images you uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please describe the symptoms in detail. Is there a burning sensation, pain, or itching? Is it increasing in size? Is any other family member affected? Looking forward to y...  Read Full »

Why do I have redness on the head of my penis near the urethral opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a redness on the head of my penis over four weeks now. In the bottom half of the penis head, there is a slight redness on front facing near urethra. It is not itchy or painful. And I do not have STD. The doctor put me on Hydrocortisone cream 2%, and 1% antifungal for ten days howe...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minor redness of the glans penis is common, especially in uncircumscribed males (like yours) shared in your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you mentioned, it is not itchy or painful and is persisting for four weeks. Do you have any rash e...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

Can a bump on the penis be caused due to razor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. I have been having this problem with my penis. I was hanging out with a female friend seven months back, and we had a sexual encounter. But we did not perform oral sex or anything. All we did was dry hump with our clothes on. A few days later, I felt this tingling f...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or tingling now also? Do you have any fever or pain? Do you keep the area dry and clean?   Read Full »

How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, The head of my penis is itchy and there are few red spots in certain areas on the head. This has been happening for the past week or so. I have stopped applying soap to the area and I wash it with lukewarm water twice a day and apply Candid-B thereafter. The itchiness went away after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your description, I feel you are suffering from a fungal infection of your genitalia. Kindly stop Candid-B cream (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical). It has steroids in it. This gives you temporary relief from itching but promotes fungal growth. H...  Read Full »