Glans Penis

Glans penis is the normal anatomical head of the penis. It is a mucous tissue which is covered by the foreskin in uncircumcised men.

Why do I have redness on the head of my penis near the urethral opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a redness on the head of my penis over four weeks now. In the bottom half of the penis head, there is a slight redness on front facing near urethra. It is not itchy or painful. And I do not have STD. The doctor put me on Hydrocortisone cream 2%, and 1% antifungal for ten days howe...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minor redness of the glans penis is common, especially in uncircumscribed males (like yours) shared in your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you mentioned, it is not itchy or painful and is persisting for four weeks. Do you have any rash e...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

Can a bump on the penis be caused due to razor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question. I have been having this problem with my penis. I was hanging out with a female friend seven months back, and we had a sexual encounter. But we did not perform oral sex or anything. All we did was dry hump with our clothes on. A few days later, I felt this tingling f...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or tingling now also? Do you have any fever or pain? Do you keep the area dry and clean?   Read Full »

How can red spots on the head of my penis be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, The head of my penis is itchy and there are few red spots in certain areas on the head. This has been happening for the past week or so. I have stopped applying soap to the area and I wash it with lukewarm water twice a day and apply Candid-B thereafter. The itchiness went away after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your description, I feel you are suffering from a fungal infection of your genitalia. Kindly stop Candid-B cream (Beclometasone Topical and Clotrimazole Topical). It has steroids in it. This gives you temporary relief from itching but promotes fungal growth. H...  Read Full »

Is hernia in groin after risky sexual exposure a concerning issue?

Query: Hi doctor, In December 2019, I had a high-risk sexual exposure with a male. I was receptive. I did not know until the end that he did not use a condom. From that moment on I was in so much stress and anxiety. I tested many times for the following from January to June. 1. HIV Duo - Negative. 2. Sy...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All your reports are also perfectly normal, so do not worry at all. It is not STDs (sexually transmitted disease) or HIV (human immuno-deficiency virus). There is no physi...  Read Full »

Why is the opening of my penis not at the tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, and I have an embarrassing problem with my penis. The opening of my penis, from where the urine comes out is not at the tip, and it is slightly lower. I am still a virgin. Will it be a problem for my sex life? Is it a major problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good that you have come out with your issue. This is called hypospadias. But from your description, it appears subcoronal, that is, it is not very severe, as you can manage your stream. Kindly share a picture of your erect penis from the side and below, to see the...  Read Full »

My penis looks thin after masturbation. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a virgin. Yesterday after masturbation, I noticed that my penis meatus looks like very thin. But, on erection this disappears. Please tell me the reason and cure.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Family Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, it is normal. After masturbation the penis loses its erection, so it looks thin. And also the fluid comes out is normal. For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

How is a wound in the urethra treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some problem in my penis. I have attached the photos for your reference. It is round always remain dark purple and the tip remains red. It is like this since many years. Sometimes, I can feel some irritation. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round circle of the glans is called corona and it generally remains dark compared to the rest of the glans. Looking through the photos you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I think it looks totally normal. So, do not worry. There is no ne...  Read Full »

How to treat tight foreskin, tears and penile glans discharge in diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old and diabetic. My penis foreskin is not pulled back. It is swelled and tears on the tip of foreskin are not healing and are very painful. Penile glans has white discharge.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis seems to be something called candidal balanitis or fungal infection of a part of the penis. Are you married? And if so does your spouse experience any discomfort or white discharge? This information will be helpful to plan the treatment for both of you ...  Read Full »

I can only partially retract my foreskin when erect. Can I get my wife pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I can retract my foreskin of penis in flaccid state, but when erect I cannot pull it back. Only 25% of glans will be seen when I pull it in erect state. What is the treatment for this? Will surgery or medicine or stretching exercises be effective? Also, can I make my wife pregnant with...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you have mentioned is quite a normal phenomenon and not a problem. Most of them cannot retract their foreskin fully while penis is in full erection. If in flaccid position you have normal urination, then it is fine and no surgical illness present. You can mak...  Read Full »