Glans Penis

Glans penis is the normal anatomical head of the penis. It is a mucous tissue which is covered by the foreskin in uncircumcised men.

How is a wound in the urethra treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some problem in my penis. I have attached the photos for your reference. It is round always remain dark purple and the tip remains red. It is like this since many years. Sometimes, I can feel some irritation. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round circle of the glans is called corona and it generally remains dark compared to the rest of the glans. Looking through the photos you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I think it looks totally normal. So, do not worry. There is no ne...  Read Full »

How to treat tight foreskin, tears and penile glans discharge in diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 years old and diabetic. My penis foreskin is not pulled back. It is swelled and tears on the tip of foreskin are not healing and are very painful. Penile glans has white discharge.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis seems to be something called candidal balanitis or fungal infection of a part of the penis. Are you married? And if so does your spouse experience any discomfort or white discharge? This information will be helpful to plan the treatment for both of you ...  Read Full »

I can only partially retract my foreskin when erect. Can I get my wife pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I can retract my foreskin of penis in flaccid state, but when erect I cannot pull it back. Only 25% of glans will be seen when I pull it in erect state. What is the treatment for this? Will surgery or medicine or stretching exercises be effective? Also, can I make my wife pregnant with...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you have mentioned is quite a normal phenomenon and not a problem. Most of them cannot retract their foreskin fully while penis is in full erection. If in flaccid position you have normal urination, then it is fine and no surgical illness present. You can mak...  Read Full »

Why can I only retract half of my foreskin?

Query: Hello doctor, I can retract my foreskin in flaccid state, but in erect position I am not able to retract it. Sometimes, I can retract it up to half of glans, but then it starts hurting. What is this condition called? Should I go for circumcision or any other surgery? Or can this be treated by medici...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it acquired or suffering with the issue from childhood? Revert back with the details to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

My penis got swollen after sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After I had sex for the first time, there is a piece of skin on the side of the penis. Is it normal? It is very sensitive and uncomfortable. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the picture is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that it is normal. If there is any swelling or tenderness over that area, visit a doctor for help. If not, there is nothing to worry. For more information consult a sexolo...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

What causes a white film on the penis?

Query: Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I can observe a white layer on my penis head just beneath the foreskin.  This layer gets removed after washing, but appears again. Is this any sexually transmitted disease?  Read Full »

Dr. Syam Kumar Chandrasekharan

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there will be a white creamy layer on glans penis (rounded head of the penis), when you pull your foreskin down. It is nothing but smegma - a combination of shed epithelial cells, oily secretion from glans penis and moisture. If there is no pain, ...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause numbness in penis?

Query: Hello Doctor I am a 30 year old male, married for 2 years. I do not smoke or drink. There is no medical history. My penis is circumcised from childhood. The problem which I am facing is that I do not feel any sensation in my penis glans at the time of sex or while masturbating.In normal state, my p...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Having less or no sensation in penis while having sex is generally due to local factors. The systemic illnesses rarely affect in this way. Masturbation is normal and it does not have any adverse effects either on sensat...  Read Full »

After Laser Treatment of Penile Papules, My Penis Has Become Dark

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I had pearly papules on my glans penis a long time ago. I got them removed three months ago by a dermatologist with CO2 laser. Now, bottom of the glans penis is very dark purple in color. I have tried to put some gels on it, but had no success with that. I will attach ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached picture and provided details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I feel the discoloration at glans is completely normal and there is no problem with it either in the near future or distant future other than a cosmetic concern...  Read Full »

Why do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albend...  Read Full »