iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyskin rashMy husband has rashes all the time and we are not sure what it is. Please help.

Could you comment on the rashes my partner has on his body?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At September 1, 2019
Reviewed AtJanuary 13, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My husband is not willing to go to the doctor because he says it is a heat rash. It is there all the time. Could you please give me an idea of what we are dealing with. It does seem to get brighter when he is hot, but he also is a drinker.

Answered by Dr. Vinay Kumar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have noted the details about your husband and seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think your husband is suffering from modified tinea or ring worm infection. This is a fungal condition which is commoner in the hot climates. It also tends to invade surrounding areas. It can be itchy in some patients, and alcohol use is known to be one of the factors that can increase the probability of an individual to catch such an infection.

Under these circumstances, the following measures best help my patients,

1 To minimize sweating or working conditions in which sweat tends to accumulate over the skin.

2 Antifungal creams help invariable, and these usually contain Clotrimazole or Miconazole.

3 Anti allergic-like Cetirizine for itching.

4 Use of loose garments is recommended as these facilitate evaporation of sweat from body areas.

5 Finally, the role of good hygiene should not be underestimated.

I am sure with these facts available to you, and you are in a better position now to help him recover fast.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vinay Kumar
Dr. Vinay Kumar


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy