Q. My baby is suffering from rash on her neck, chest and face. What will be the issue?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2021

My 8 months old baby is suffering from allergy or rash. First, it started on her neck, small tiny bump-like and then now appeared on her face, chest and all over her neck. What will be the issue? She had eczema before a month and was treated for the same.

#

There can be a few common reasons for this rash.

• Oil massage is the most common reason. If so, then please stop doing oil massage.
  • Milk dripping down the chin and neck. This may happen when the child is feeding. If the milk stays there, in some children it may cause irritation and rash on the neck. Please wipe off any milk that may fall out and reach the chin or neck immediately.
  • Eczema is less likely as it cannot be present only on the neck. It will have to be present all over the body.
  • The solution is to apply moisturizing creams to the affected regions.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|