Q. Please suggest a suitable medicine for the skin rashes present in the thighs.

Answered by
Dr. Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2020

Hello Doctor, I am a 45 year old Male.

1.I have got dry skin patches adjacent to both the nostrils adjacent to moustache , which itches slightly but rarely.Also it has become whitish in colour. 2.I have got severe itching and skin rash in the inner regions of both the thighs adjacent to genitals.

Please suggest suitable medicine or treatment for same.


Diabetic? Fungal infection in past? Recurrent episode? Annular ring like inflammatory lesions with elevated margins? Spreading lesions? Excess Scratching and rubbing of lesion? Excess sweating? Tight clothes? ATTACH PICTURE of lesion for confirmation of diagnosis.

Non diabetic

Fungal infection in past Recurrent episode

Tight innerwears

Slight Sweating

Photos attached


Welcome to icliniq

Miconazole gel twice daily for 30days (on groin region )

Moisturex soft cream on beard lesions for 20 days.

Ketoconazole soap or Dersil AF body wash for bath (for groin region)

Candid dusting powder (Clotrimazole dusting powder)after bath for 30 days.

Tab Levocetrizine 5mg at night for 15 days(if itching).

Avoid Scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection and spreading of fungal infection. Keep groin region dry as moisture favours fungal growth. Wear loose thin comfortable cotton inners. Stay in cool well ventilated room/ environment .

Avoid humidity/heat/maceration/occlusion/friction in groin. Hygiene plays very important role, so maintain proper hygiene. Bath twice daily with lukewarm water. Pat dry area and apply cream with clean hands. Wash clothes separately in hot water. Use separate towel/soap for groin region. Avoid sharing personal belongings as it is contagious(fungal infection in groin)

Luliconazole cream is also effective as Miconazole for fungal infection in groin.(can use both alternatively)

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have itchy skin rashes on my back that are now spreading. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, There is an area on my back that started as a rash and it has now spread and it continues to itch. What should I do? This has been there for approximately two months. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

I have severe itching in the groin area. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itchy boils on the scrotum and groin areas. During the day, I feel too itchy, and due to the itching, I have developed rashes which are painful. When I try to break them, it starts to bleed. Sometimes, I have the itchiness during the night as well. I have attached an image for y...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a fungal infection to cause low-grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Vaccines
A COVID-19 vaccine provides acquired immunity against the new Coronavirus. Read the article to know everything about the...  Read more»
Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.