Skin Tag

Why do I get multiple skin tags in my shoulder area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been getting multiple skin tags on my shoulder areas. Recently, I found a small skin tag looking like a thing on my scrotum. It is raised and not painful and more verticle than horizontal. It does not feel firm; it is more like fluid and does not hurt when...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a few more photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) taken from different angles and distances of all affected lesions. What are your weight and height? Do you have any systemic disease? Are you obese? I am looking forward to you...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to check a skin tag to rule out malignancy?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin tag started two weeks ago, multiplied, and looks very odd. Not sure if it is just irritated or if I should be concerned. Should I get a skin tag checked?  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have excess skin tags on the body? Do you experience friction between the skin surfaces? Are you insulin resistance? Are you obese? Do you have any hormonal imbalance or fluctuations? Do you have any hormonal changes? What is your pregnancy status? Do yo...  Read Full »

How are pubic skin tags treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48 year old female. My weight is 58 kg. I have noticed a round flesh color growth that hangs externally on my pubic hair outside my labia majora. It has been there for two years. It does not hurt but it is bothering me because it became a bit bigger. I have attached a photo. I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted the description and observed the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will attempt to solve your health concerns as best as I can. I have dealt with a good number of cases having similar presenting features. In all such cases, ...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for the skin tag in my groin area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old male. I have what looks like a mole or skin tag in my groin area. The mole or tag itself does not hurt. The mole or tag is soft and rubbery. I have noticed a hard boil like a lump under the tag or mole a couple weeks ago. When I squeeze it, blood would come out. It di...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is an acrochordon (skin tag) which must be secondarily infected due to constant squeezing. Groin area, armpits, and neck are the common site of skin tags. Was there color ch...  Read Full »

What could be the small skin tag on my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a skin tag on my throat. What do you think it is? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the picture you uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), we can make out one side tonsil and a small papilla just in front of it attached to the anterior pillar. Did you mean the small papillomatous tag? It is harmless. It could be a local infla...  Read Full »

What should I do to get rid of the skin tag on the left frenulum of tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dry mouth for the past several months. I have a skin tag on the left frenulum of the tongue from yesterday. What should I do for my skin tag? Is this normal? It feels like something is stuck under my mouth. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally developing something unusual is not a good sign. Dry mouth can be indicative of using some medications or radiation or mostly salivary gland obstruction or generally dehydration may also cause it. My main concern is the skin tag at the left frenum. Kind...  Read Full »

Will skin tags developed from healed fissures recur after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two small anal skin tags developed from healed fissures. Physically they do not bother me much but mentally I do not like to have them. I consulted a doctor, he said he can only remove 90 % of skin tags as removing completely will affect the sphincter muscles. He also said ski...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will definitely help you regarding your query. Skin tags are formed in long standing anal fissure. These are nothing but accumulated skin due to fissure. Usually nothing to do that but if you do not like them, you can opt for surgery. It is a very minor surgery. No...  Read Full »

What are the tiny bumps present on my penis and inner thigh?

Query: Hi doctor, I have these on my penis, ears and inner thigh. I have had them for over 10 years and they did not get red or inflamed. Also, you cannot pick them off. I am married and it did not get spread to my wife. What is it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please upload a picture? So that, I can review it. They may be simple skin tags, but it is hard to tell without a picture. Please also share if you have any history of STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past and if you were tested for any recentl...  Read Full »

Will tea tree oil help with lump on penis?

Query: Hi doctor, On my penis I have a small fleshy lump and I have had it for around 12 months. My girlfriend has had an STD check within these 12 months, and the tests have come back clear so I do not think it is warts. I think it may be a skin tag. I have been applying tea tree oil to it the past week...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I get to see you ate worried about the lump in your penis. I have gone through your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), not clear though, it looks very small. Considering your statement to be present for the past 12 months with such a small size ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the skin tag due to anal fissure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old and weigh about 65 kg with a height of 5.5 feet. I have a problem in my anus, Actually, I had anal fissure before and when it is gone there is a skin tag and warts develop. But the crucial thing is an unexplained thing that looks like a wound near in my anus. I hope s...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will definitely help you with your query. Skin tags are formed in long-standing anal fissure. These are nothing but accumulated skin due to fissure usually nothing to do for that but if you have any problem because of it like pain, bleeding, or pus discharge, you c...  Read Full »