Q. Is it possible to get genital wart without sexual exposure?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 21 year old girl. I saw a cauliflower shape growth in my vulva which was diagnosed as warts. I was given Acivir tablet 800 mg despite the fact that I had no sexual contact with anyone. Then, I got my menstruation for seven days. I used to apply vaginal wash and tea tree oil and had Acivir for five days. Now, I have dandruff like on my pubic hair, left part of vulva, on my thigh crease and buttock line. This dryness also appeared on my scalp with lot of dryness, but it subsided few months back. I also have hypothyroidism. The wart almost subsided. Once when I used tea tree oil in vulva at night I got a burning sensation, so I guess it maybe allergy. I have no yellowish discharge and I clean my vagina three to four times a day. I have hair loss too for a longer period along with complain of dandruff. When I use milk cream like Vaseline, dryness goes for half a day or so but then later it appears again. I got a checkup two months back for reticulocyte count and thyroid T3, T4 and TSH too after medication and my thyroid is almost normal now. Please help for my condition.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Surprising fact is that you have a genital wart, but without any history of sexual exposure. Then it is not a wart. And it has subsided as I could not find it in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

But, what a miserable condition you have done with your private organ. The whole area is inflamed, red as well as dry. And the cause is the use of so many substances to this highly sensitive skin.

Do you consider your genitalia a very dirty place or expect from it to emit the odor of flowers all the time? Trust me those substances and your practice of repeated washing is the cause of this.

Just stop those substances and also stop frequent washing which could damage the normal vaginal defense.

Apply only Calamine or Caladryl lotion (Diphenhydramine) twice a day over the skin. Let it heal by its own. Continue all your other oral medications including thyroid.

Contact dermatitis.

Blood sugar fasting and postprandial.

Fungal infection.

Vulvovaginitis due to contact dermatitis.

Emollients like Caladryl ointment.

Stop all skin application.

Revert back after a week to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I still have that wart left. I was also surprised about the wart, but I went to two gynecologists. One said it maybe probably due to hair removal second one was not sure. I am uploading the picture of remaining wart.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, it is present and looks really like wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, I presume it is not a wart.

As per the hazy picture, it could be a skin tag or an irritation polyp. It could be caused by constant rubbing of labia against each other while walking or due to the use of cosmetics or tight clothes and may give rise to polyp shaped growths there.

These resemble tags in their appearance. I suggest you to contact a dermatologist for a further opinion.

Irritation polyp.

Removal of polyp.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|