iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral Surgeryskin tagHow to get rid of the skin tag due to anal fissure?

Skin tag post healing of anal fissure appears as wound near my anus. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At May 21, 2020
Reviewed AtSeptember 2, 2022

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 32 years old and weigh about 65 kg with a height of 5.5 feet. I have a problem in my anus, Actually, I had anal fissure before and when it is gone there is a skin tag and warts develop. But the crucial thing is an unexplained thing that looks like a wound near in my anus. I hope someone could tell me and answer my problem.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I will definitely help you with your query. Skin tags are formed in long-standing anal fissure. These are nothing but accumulated skin due to fissure usually nothing to do for that but if you have any problem because of it like pain, bleeding, or pus discharge, you can opt for surgery.

It is a very minor surgery. No side effects or any problem after removing them by an experienced surgeon. A raw area will form that will heal on its own. It can reappear if you have another formation of anal fissure. So avoid the conditions that will cause it again like spicy food and constipation.

I will advise you to start a sitz bath in which you have to sit in lukewarm water for 15 minutes twice a day, 10 ml Betadine can be added to it. You will get a better result in some time.

I hope this helps.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal
Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal

General Surgery

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Surgery

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy