Q. Could you suggest any cream or medicine to get rid of my skin tag grown under my beard?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I have a small pimple-like skin tag grown under my beard. It is bleeding when trimmed. I do not have any pain or irritation, and also there is no discharge. Could you suggest any cream or medicine to get rid of it?

Thanks.

#

I have seen the pictures you sent. The growth looks like a wart (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Please send a clear, focused photograph with a camera flash on of the lesion.

For now, I suggest you apply topical Tretinoin cream on the spot at nighttime daily for two weeks. And revert after two weeks.

Viral infection.

Thanks for the response.

I have attached photographs with a camera flash on the lesion.

Thanks.

#

This is a viral wart. Kindly do not scratch or shave this area, as it can spread to other areas also.

I suggest you the following treatment options for the viral wart;

1) Kindly apply A-Ret gel (Tretinoin) over the wart at bedtime daily for four weeks. Initially, you will feel redness and irritation, so make sure to use a thin film; after few days, you will develop tolerance to the gel.

2) For faster results, you should get it removed by electrosurgery or cryotherapy.

3) Chemical coagulation with topical 50% TCA (Trichloroacetic acid) once or twice a week can also treat the condition.

Take care and regards.

|