Q. My skin tag near my private part is getting bigger now. How to treat it?

Dr. Shama Naaz

I had a skin tag near my private part and it is getting bigger in size now. Is it a skin tag or anything to worry about?

Please help.

#

It seems to be a lesion of long duration. Do you have pain or itching, and is there a sudden growth in the lesion?

Kindly send a focused picture of the skin lesion to help you with the treatment.

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the photograph of my lesion.

Yes, there is minimal growth. Is it of concern?

I used tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and skin tag removal cream, but all these worsened my lesion.

Kindly help.

#

I have seen the photograph of your lesion (attachments removed to protect patient’s identity).

The lesion has a warty appearance. It is advisable to get it thoroughly examined by a dermatologist to rule out the possibility of a viral wart.

The examination will be done by scraping off the top layer of the wart to check for signs of dark pinpoint dots and clotted blood vessels familiar with warts. The second method is removing a small section of the wart and sending it to laboratory analysis to rule out other types of skin growths.

After a proper diagnosis, we can go forward to treatment.

Thanks.

|