Q. How to get sleep at the time I want to?

Published on Jul 24, 2018

I cannot sleep at my usual timings. I took half Bromazepam tablets of 3 mg. Tell me how much time would I sleep now?

Hematology Pathology
#

You are taking an anti-anxiety drug and so stress and anxiety might be the reason for not having timely sleep.

As far as sleep hygiene is concerned, stress should be avoided through medication and behavioral counselling so that you can get proper sleep. Yoga, meditation, and exercise are beneficial in reducing stress.

To induce timely sleep:

1. Avoid late-night television watching and phone calls.
  2. Fix your time of sleeping daily.
  3. It is better to take your meal between 8 to 9.30 PM at night and go to bed at or before 11.30 PM.
  4. Try to avoid thoughts in mind.
  5. Avoid heavy fatty meal at night.
  6. You can consult a psychiatrist for counseling.

Hope this will help you.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 29 year old boyfriend, who weighs 190 lbs and 6 feet tall, he is a former athlete in college. He was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia through the spinal tab, five years ago. He is now taking Adderall 60 mg a day total, spread over six times, and is using Flumazenil cream, wh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Idiopathic hypersomnia is a sleep disorder even less common than narcolepsy, a rare sleep disease. The biggest distinguishing characteristics include differences in REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the absence of cataplexy (a sudden weakness in the muscles while fully co...  Read Full

There is no improvement in my father's cough. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 67 years old. His past history included pneumonia several years ago, leg cramps once in every two weeks or so and vitamin B helps with it and minor daily coughing of unsure cause. He never smoked and does not drink alcohol. Three and a half weeks ago, he went to the ER due to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to hear that you are concerned and participating in treating your father's health issues. From your description, it looks like he has congestive heart failure. It means the fluid around his heart is causing the Atrial fibrillation and the cough. This is typ...  Read Full

Why am I not able to get rid of bad thoughts and get good sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel there is an excessive discontinuity since a few days in my sleep. I could not get adequate sleep for the whole night and along with lack of sleep at night, I feel some anxiousness and stress also and these mentally stressed feelings remain throughout the whole day. Till now the...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Some unconscious underlying anxiety resulted in rumination thoughts and worries. These are disturbing the sleep and you are not able to sleep properly. The lack of sleep is further deteriorating the symptoms and ultimately a vicious cyc...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now