iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral Practitionersleep disorderMy 12-year-old son is lean and active but has less strength. Kindly help.

What are the different ways to increase strength in a 12-year-old boy?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 20, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 14, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My son is 12 years old. He is lean and active. But his strength is not so good. So I would like to know a healthy diet to increase good strength in his body. Kindly provide a better diet plan for my son.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for your query. I understand your concern. Your son seems to be healthy. I suggest you continue the same diet you have been following since it keeps your son active. Along with that, I suggest you follow a few instructions like always avoid processed foods as much as possible. Maybe have it once a month or so, restrict refined carbohydrates like too much sugar, fried foods, and fast food, try to include green vegetables, fruits, milk, and eggs daily. You can give protein in meat (but not fried). If you are a vegetarian, include many pulses in snacks like boiled chickpeas, lentils, peas, and beans. Since he is 85 pounds, he might require around 0.8 to 0.9 gram of protein per kg per day (around 35 gram), so you can give him two eggs a day. About 100 gram of meat of choice, along with the plant-based protein mentioned above, will do. Engage your child in physical activity. Any form of exercise like playing with his friends, running, jogging or so. I do understand your concern for your child's health. But I would like to reassure you that your child is okay based on the height and weight that you have mentioned. I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Lakshmi Bala. P. C.
Dr. Lakshmi Bala. P. C.

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Practitioner

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy