Q. Can apnea or swollen tonsil cause sleeping problem?

Answered by Dr. Mehak Agarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Sleep Disturbances or Sleep Apnea? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

For a week or more I have not been able to sleep. Right before I fall asleep I wake myself up. It seems like some sort of apnoea event but I do not know if it is related to swollen tonsils or if its a bigger problem. I am going to the doctor this week but wanted an opinion online especially in relation to if my tonsils look normal or not. I am not experiencing any tonsil pain but that area does feel a little more swollen or constricted than normal.