iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatrysleepCan bipolar cause an inability to sleep?

I am unable to sleep and lay wide awake until 5 or 6 AM. Could it be bipolar?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At October 22, 2020
Reviewed AtDecember 4, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. But now I think of it as bipolar. I am not an expert but I will be awake until five o clock or six o clock and I am not able to sleep. I feel it as an adrenaline rush. I do not need a diagnosis and I want an opinion around it if it could be bipolar. A diagnosis of bipolar can affect my career.

It is difficult for me to reach a diagnosis from the above-mentioned details. You are not having bipolar type 1 mood disorder. If the person is suffering from mania, then the person is unable to take care of themselves and the symptoms will be severe. The patient is taken to the doctor by the relatives. If you are diagnosed with bipolar type 1 mood disorder, then you can take care of it by taking medications. It will not drastically affect your career until it is not severe. You may have hypomania at present due to antidepressants. You should consult your psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Psychiatry

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

sleepanxietydepression

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychiatry

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy