Q. Kindly explain why I feel sick and sweaty after sleeping in the afternoon.

I am 22 years old, male. I have one weird problem when I take snap at afternoon, I am feeling sick and sweaty and when I do not, I am feeling normal, what problem is this?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

In afternoon especially after lunch, one tends to feel sleepy as maximum blood is diverted to the GIT hence one may feel drowsy and lethargic and weaker. But if you tide away this episode then endorphins take over and you may feel energetic and normal.

| 

What should I do to overcome this problem? Any medicine? Because I feel more sweaty and tired than normal person. Please give useful suggestion.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you are in a habit of sleeping after lunch immediately then it is likely that sweating is possibly due to either your increased basal metabolic rate in general or secondary to possible dreaming during sleep. However, the best way would be to either deal your sleep pattern by an hour and avoid immediate retiring to bed after lunch. Anxiety is often a cause of such episodes during sleep and hence you may take tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg stat just before sleeping in afternoon once a day for next 5 days and observe the difference. Add a capsule of Vitamin B complex daily in the morning for next 2 months and that shall be helpful indeed. Please let me know after 5 days as to how have you progressed.

|