Q. I am suffering from cough, sweating, wheezing, etc. What is the treatment?

Dr. Priety
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

I am 22 years old female, with 5'5" height and I weight 60.5 kg. I have been sick for the past seven days, and my symptoms have not seemed to have gone away. I was given antibiotics (Amoxicillin) as well. I was to know where to go from here I can tell you what my symptoms are,

1. Coughing fits that make me cough up mucus, yesterday and today I started finding some blood in my mucus.

2. Sweating and temperature rising caused by my coughing fits.

3. Wheezing in my breathing.

4. Shortness of breath.

5. I am an asthmatic.

6. Feeling weak.

7. Lost in appetite.

8. Lost in weight.

9. Chest pains.

I wonder what steps I can take from here? And also do you have any tips of soothing my coughing fits. I cannot sleep with them.

Dr. Priety

#

From your history, it is evident that you have bronchial asthma. In asthma, there is reversible airway obstruction, the airway becomes swollen and narrow, and this is the reason for wheeze and cough. But coughing out on blood indicates that your lung going on for some other medical change and chest pain is an emergency where you have to visit pulmonologist. As you have blood in sputum, loss of weight and appetite, which are uncommon in asthma have to be evaluated further to know the underlying cause.

Kindly do the following tests.

1. Complete hemogram.

2. Chest X-ray.

3. Pulmonary function test.

4. Montaux test.

Get a pulmonologist advice. Taking Amoxycillin alone will not help, also take Tablet Deriphyllin one tablet twice daily for five days.

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »

I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Is this pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having cough and chest congestion for the last three days. Also getting a mild fever again and again. I also have a chest X-ray done today only. Please suggest is it pneumonia and if yes how severe is it?  Read Full »

What can I apply to my body to decrease sweating and look fresh?

Query: Hello doctor, I am sweating too much I guess. I am not sure if it is because of the heat here but I sweat. Pleae sugget me something which I can apply to my body. So it does not sweat much and I look fresh and I do not smell.  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now