Q. I am suffering from cough, sweating, wheezing, etc. What is the treatment?

Dr. Priety
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

I am 22 years old female, with 5'5" height and I weight 60.5 kg. I have been sick for the past seven days, and my symptoms have not seemed to have gone away. I was given antibiotics (Amoxicillin) as well. I was to know where to go from here I can tell you what my symptoms are,

1. Coughing fits that make me cough up mucus, yesterday and today I started finding some blood in my mucus.

2. Sweating and temperature rising caused by my coughing fits.

3. Wheezing in my breathing.

4. Shortness of breath.

5. I am an asthmatic.

6. Feeling weak.

7. Lost in appetite.

8. Lost in weight.

9. Chest pains.

I wonder what steps I can take from here? And also do you have any tips of soothing my coughing fits. I cannot sleep with them.

Dr. Priety

#

From your history, it is evident that you have bronchial asthma. In asthma, there is reversible airway obstruction, the airway becomes swollen and narrow, and this is the reason for wheeze and cough. But coughing out on blood indicates that your lung going on for some other medical change and chest pain is an emergency where you have to visit pulmonologist. As you have blood in sputum, loss of weight and appetite, which are uncommon in asthma have to be evaluated further to know the underlying cause.

Kindly do the following tests.

1. Complete hemogram.

2. Chest X-ray.

3. Pulmonary function test.

4. Montaux test.

Get a pulmonologist advice. Taking Amoxycillin alone will not help, also take Tablet Deriphyllin one tablet twice daily for five days.

I am suffering from sweating problem and due to this, flies are around me. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a sweating problem. Due to this problem, flies are around me. I am so shamefully in place. I bath every day two times by soap, and I clean my private parts also. But I do not understand why to create this problem. Even if I do less work, like walking sweat problem ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your problem can be due to excess sweat or a particular smell which comes in the sweat of some patients, which is known as bromhidrosis. You can use the following medicines to help you, 1. 5 % Benzoyl peroxide soap, leave the lather for 1...  Read Full

My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has asthma as she used to smoke and live near roads. Her X-ray showed that trachea is in the midline, the cardiac shadow is not enlarged, pulmonary vasculatures are not prominent, hemidiaphragm is flattened, costophrenic sulci are blunted, right lower lung infiltrates presen...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached report, along with the data you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother has COPD which is a chronic obstructive lung disease due to changes in the lung with age and due to smoking. In COPD the air is entrapped ins...  Read Full

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kartik Sood
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, you are suffering from bronchial asthma with allergic rhinitis, but you need to confirm this by doing a spirometry with reversibility test. Asthma is a disease related to hypersensitivity of our respiratory system to some allergens which cause tri...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now