Q. I have a metallic and soapy taste in my mouth. What could be the reason?

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar
Published on Jul 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am a 23 year old woman. I am 5 feet 6 inches. I have bowel issues and constipation quite often. Lately, I feel very exhausted, have severe back aches, and a metallic and soapy taste in my mouth that will not go away. I am not sure what is going on.

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

#

• According to your history and complaints, it seems you might have the following, depending on your additional complaints:
  1. Hemorrhoids, If you have accompanying constipation, mucus and sometimes blood in the stool, heartburn, and reflux.
  2. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) if accompanied by anxiety, stress, frequent bowel movements, abdominal cramps before or during bowel movements, and mucus in the stools.
  3. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) if you have a bitter or sour taste in the mouth, heart burn, shoulder, and upper arm pain, nausea and sometimes vomiting of yellow or green bile.

You can be suffering from one or all of them as these are associated with each other.Please find the cause from above and get treated and examined by a gastroenterologist soon.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Irritable bowel syndrome is one of the annoying gastrointestinal tract diseases because of the chronic nature of the disease and the variety of symptoms that can interfere with your daily life. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Abdallah Elashkar

Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional disturbance of colonic motility without organic causes. IBS is characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. Causes:  Unknown, but psychological disturbance plays a role. Symptoms: IBS is known to have a long history with long interval pe...  Read Article

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »

I have IBS and seems to be related to SIBO. Please advise management.

Query: Hi doctor, I realize I have IBS symptoms and they seem to be related to SIBO. I need your advice on how to treat it effectively. Here are some symptoms and test results. Leaky gut or intestinal permeability with multiple food intolerances. Seems to have hydrogen sulfide based SIBO, severe farting...  Read Full »