Q. I am sneezing continuously only in my hometown. Can it be due to climate?

Dr. Nageswara Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am living in a tropical coastal area. I used to travel always. When I am outside my place or abroad I do not have any problem. But, when I enter my place and as soon as I enter my house, I will start sneezing and then after sometime my nose will start dripping. This happens only in my place. When I go outside even for six months I do not get fever or cold. But, in my place every day morning I will start sneezing. I do not know what is happening. Is this because of the climate or dust allergy? What all tests should I do? Which doctor do I need to consult?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I worked in such a place for some time.

• I used to see lot of patients with sneezing, running nose and bronchial asthma there and the incidence is more when compared to other parts of the country.
  • After reading your history I can say that it is related to climate change only. Allergy may be due to dust, pollen or something else.
  • If you are having only sneezing you can use Tablet Allegra 120 mg (Fexofenadine) once a day and can take it for two weeks.
  • If it is more, then you can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Fexofenadine hydrochloride and Montelukast) once a day. It helps in preventing those running nose attacks.
  • Climate change or avoiding the agent causing allergy is the ideal treatment. Consult a general physician or an ENT specialist.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|