Q. What could cause sudden sneezing with nose bleed?

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 09, 2020

I was going on a regular day without fever or feeling anything bad with my body. Then I suddenly started sneezing every ten to fifteen seconds. My eyes became a bit watery. I went home and suddenly started to have a nosebleed. It happened once only this afternoon but now I feel a bit of weakness and headache. I would like to know what possibly caused the nosebleed? I cannot get into a hospital to consult because the roads here are still blocked by the military because of the Covid-19 situation.

By the way, I am a 24-year-old female. I am not taking any kind of medication as of this moment.

#

I can understand your concern. Is this the first time you have noticed that bleeding from your nose?

Since you do not have other symptoms that can qualify to suspect for Covid-19, you do not have to worry for time being. However, you must follow the WHO (World Health Organization) guideline and keep yourself safe and isolated at least for two to three weeks and wash your hand with soap and running water with an adequate amount of time before and after touching any things, place which might be contaminated also avoid touching your face mouth as much as possible.

As for now, you do not have any symptoms and sign so you do not have to worry about Covid-19.

For bleeding from the nose, kindly press that area using your clean hand for a couple of minutes and it will be stoped normally. Keep yourself hydrated with having enough fluid (water, juice, etc).

|