Soft Toothbrush

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

I have gum bleeding. Please suggest some medication or toothpaste.

Query: Hello doctor,I have gum bleeding. Please suggest some medication or toothpaste.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gum bleeding is caused due to inflamed gums due to deposits accumulated in the teeth. Get a professional cleaning of teeth (scaling) done by the dentist and then follow proper brushing method (sulcular bass method). You can ask your dentist about it or check online. ...  Read Full »

Have my gums receded because of placing smokeless tobacco in the same spot for years?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old male. I have used a smokeless tobacco called Swedish Snus for going on four years now, always in the same spot. My gums have severely receded in this area. I am otherwise healthy. I recently made an appointment with a periodontist but I am terrified I may have gum can...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to change your brushing technique as soon as possible. Brush in an up and down motion without putting too much pressure on the teeth and gums. The recession is definite...  Read Full »

I feel like all my teeth are loose and going to fall out. Can this issue be reversed?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have bruxism (now I do not because I wear a mouth guard) and now my gums are receding. It feels loose and worn out and I cannot even eat soft foods without it feeling wobbly. I cannot even speak properly because I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Are all my teeth going ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query. You are using Corsodyl mouthwash. That contains Chlorhexidine gluconate and is a broad spectrum antibiotic used to treat various aphthous ulcers or other oral infections. But, if you have listened to the previous dentist, he would have r...  Read Full »

What can these white patches in my mouth be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed a few white patches in my mouth for few days. The image is attached herewith. Is it just a fungal infection or something else? What medicine do you suggest? There is no pain or bleeding. It is not increasing in size. I never had anything like this previously. I never s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know following things. Exactly for how long has this lesion been there? Is this kind of lesion present in any other site in the mouth? Is there a sharp tooth near the lesion? Is there any history of toothbrush trauma? Also, please send a clear image of ...  Read Full »

My tooth is sensitive after a filling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I got my cavity filled two days back. Now, it hurts when I drink cold stuff. Is there anything I can do?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things I would like to ask: Did you have a sensitivity to cold even before getting your tooth filled? What kind of filling have you got? Is it a silver filling or a tooth-colored filling? Sometimes, patients do experience this type of sensitivity afte...  Read Full »

I have tooth deposits and cavities as well as swollen gums. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 and I have been noticing that there is an orange substance building up on some of my teeth. My gums are swollen. There is a cavity in my canine tooth and I was wondering if there was any way I can fix it without going to a dentist because my family is very poor. So, would you r...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Debris is getting deposited onto the tooth surface. The gums are inflamed due to the debris. Brush your tooth twice daily. Rinse your mouth after every meal. I suggest you get your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist.The cavity on the tooth surface is a cervical abrasio...  Read Full »

My gums are bleeding, and I have bad breath. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 60 kg and I am 5.8 feet tall. I am facing problems like bleeding gum, bad breath, and also my gums are getting separated from the teeth. What should I do? My gums bleed on brushing, so I tried using lemon for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you are suffering from are common among people, but you need to know the reason behind it. Bleeding gums are due to wrong brushing techniques or you are not maintaining oral hygiene properly and there is some food lodgement. For this, visit a dentist and ...  Read Full »

Though I am using electronic toothbrush, gum redness is present. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the dentist before two months. He said that I had good teeth health and gum health. The only thing is for my front teeth on the top and bottom I developed a frayed appearance around the gumline. He said this was from too much gumline and toothbrush contact and that switching ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.You have an excellent set of healthy teeth. By observing the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the gums do seem to have puffiness, but only of mild nature.The brush whether electric or not does not matter, just do not touch the gums and stick to the...  Read Full »

How many times a day should I brush my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »