Q. Can you suggest a mouthwash or antibiotic to treat my bleeding gums?

Answered by
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Infanteena Marily
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2021

Hi doctor,

Currently, I am having more bleeding from my gums for about one week, especially when brushing and flossing my teeth. Is there a mouthwash or antibiotic I can use to help?



Welcome to

Gum bleeding in young women can occur due to:

1) Hormonal changes (pregnancy-related).

2) Poor oral hygiene (hormone-induced).

3) Calculus formation.

4) Hard brushing on gums.

5) Weakness due to nutrient deficiency.

To be more precise, I need your history and photographs of your mouth.

However, I suggest the following:

1) Try soft brushes like Thermoseal ultrasoft, Stim ultrasoft, and change the brush every three months.

2) Use a brush in a circular motion on teeth, not on gums.

3) Change brushing site. For example, if you start today on the right side, start from the left side the next day.

4) Do not brush for more than 15 minutes.

5) Take fruits that are rich in vitamins.

6) Get a mouth wash such as Chlorohexidine and rinse the mouth with it daily twice for 15 days. However, do not eat or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after using mouth wash.

7) I suggest tablet Metronidazole 200 mg three times daily for five days as well.

There is nothing to worry about.

Please send further details if you are willing so that I can assist you more.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.

I want to increase my body weight what should I do ?   Read full

Why am I having bleeding gums constantly for two years?

I want to increase my body weight what should I do ?   Read full

WBC is high with bleeding gums. Why?

I want to increase my body weight what should I do ?   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dentist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.