Q. I have white rashes on my throat and also fever and throat pain. Please advice.

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai
Published on Apr 09, 2018

My throat is showing white rashes all over. I do not know what that is. Now, I have fever and throat pain also. The ear is closing and opening sometimes. I consulted a doctor earlier. She prescribed me Metorda 500 antibiotics for bacterial infection.

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Your symptoms are fever, throat pain, and ear blockage. Your clinical findings according to you are white rashes all over the throat.

The two most probable causes in your case seem to be:

1. Bacterial infection (streptococcal sore throat).
  2. Viral infection (common cold).

I suggest:

• Throat swab for culture and sensitivity.
  • Complete blood count.

Other possible causes include:

1. Allergies.
  2. Environmental irritants.
  3. GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

You may continue with the prescribed antibiotics. Additionally, Paracetamol for fever/pain and warm saline gargle may help.

Also, your ear blockage suggests you are having nose blockage/discharge too which is causing your eustachian tube to get blocked. So a Xylometazoline nasal drop in both your nostrils may help. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Avoid having cold drinks or exposure to cold air for a few days. Be sure to drink plenty of water.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

In spite of taking antibiotics, I still have a throat infection. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor,For a throat infection, I took Azax 500 for three days, one tablet a day. Although there is an improvement, there is still a throat pain. Should I repeat the dose?  Read Full »

Do constant sore throats, extreme fatigue, and swollen neck indicate tonsil cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had sore throats on and off for a couple of years now. One of my tonsils is bigger than the other. I have not been feeling well lately. I get constant sore throats, extreme fatigue, headaches, swollen right side of the neck, some minor difficulty swallowing, a low-grade fever, and...  Read Full »

Treatment for high fever and throat pain.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having high fever of 103 degrees Fahrenheit, continuous sneeze and throat pain in the morning. Please advise.  Read Full »