Q. A loud noise that erupts from my ears makes me restless and causes headaches. Please help.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

Pls I'm dying from a loud noise that erupts from the inner part of my ears which also affects my head and as a result i get restless always. It started six years back, and has become chronic now. I had similar issues where I had a chronic headache that lasted for sometimes before it stopped. It complicated more when I suffered from high blood pressure that caused partial stroke but due to the continuous taking of drugs I could walk around by myself.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Hi! Thanks for providing a brief history. The most common reason for this could be due to migraine. It is extremely important for you to understand the triggering cause of the migraine which has led to ringing sounds arising from the inner ear. There are numerous medications out there in the market, but i dont really recommend any as it doesnt treat the underlying cause of the problem. There could be other drugs which could also be contributing to the migraines that she is having. For now i would only advice the following.

1. Figure out the triggering cause of thr migraines (it could be lack of sleep, side effect of medicatiosn, uncontrolled hypertension, improper food habbits, exposure to louds sounds, sunlight etc)
  2. Get evaluation if vit d and thyroid done as it is also be another reason why you could be having intractable dizziness and ringing sensations in your ear.
  3. Tab combination containing naproxen with domperidone can be taken to temporarily reduce these attacks of ringing sensations and headaches that your having.

I hope I have tried to cover major aspects which are in within the scope of this platform. Please do let us know if there is anything more that you need to know or enquire about. We will try to get back to you ASAP. Warm regards.

|