Q. A loud noise that erupts from my ears makes me restless and causes headaches. Please help.

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2021

I hear a loud noise from the inner part of my ears. It affects my head also. I become restless due to it. I started to have this issue six years back and it has become chronic now. I had similar issues when I had a chronic headache. It became more complicated when I suffered from high blood pressure. Partial stroke occured due to continuous intake of drugs. I am able to walk around by myself. Kindly suggest.

#

The most common reason behind this issue is migraines. It is important to understand the triggering cause of migraine that creates ringing sounds originating from the inner ears. The triggering causes of migraine can be lack of sleep, side effects of medication, uncontrolled hypertension, improper food habits, exposure to loud sounds and sunlight. There are certain medications that can cause migraines. Evaluate vitamin D and thyroid levels. It can also be the cause behind intractable dizziness and ringing sensation in the ears. You can take a tablet containing Naproxen with Domperidone. It can be taken temporarily to reduce the attacks of having ringing sensations and headaches.

|