Sound In The Ear

How to treat chronic cough, blocked ears and popping sound in ears while swallowing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 66-year-old male with a weight of 90 kg and a height of 175 cms. For the last four months, I am continuously facing the following problems. Moderate sore throat, feeling like a lump in my deep throat, gastric reflux, poor digestion, a feeling of air blocked in both the ears an...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you take a picture of the back of the throat, showing details of the affected area and send it to us? Which area do you live in? Do you drive a two-wheeler on the roads of Delhi? Did this worsen during the Diwali season? Do you smoke or drink?  Read Full »

I hear some sound when I stay in a silent environment. Is it tinnitus?

Query: Hello doctor, When we are in silence, we always hear some sound. I know we are not in a vacuum, so some external sound will always be audible house noises, etc.? Hope this is not tinnitus. Even sensory deprivation of ear causes body noises and hallucinations, read in places that are created as 0 dB...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is not tinnitus. Tinnitus would be heard easily, trouble you, and you would not have to search for it specifically. Tinnitus would be heard even in an environment with some sound not sufficient to mask tinnitus. It may interfere with your daily activities. And y...  Read Full »

I have frequent pains at the forehead and loud whistle sound in ears. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 33-year-old male with 5.8" height and 72 kg weight. Symptoms are frequent pain starts at the forehead, following complete headache, loud whistle sound in ears, lower listening when the headache is high, and nausea. This is for the past three months, and now, frequency has increas...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The headache you are experiencing could be due to possible, 1. Sinusitis (starting at the forehead) to rule it out you should get an X-ray of sinuses. 2. Bad teeth, get them checked by your dentist. 3. Eye problems, get checked by an eye specialist. 4. For high b...  Read Full »

How to get rid of autophony?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. From the last three years, I have been facing the symptoms of Patulous Eustachian Tube with the eustachian tubes partially open few times in a day. My own voice becomes distorted and sounds like it is coming from a vacuum. Breath sounds are enhanced and swallo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram Vel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel a naso and otoendoscopy is first necessary to confirm the diagnosis. The condition is not dangerous unless it leads to some middle ear problem. If you can manage by doing a manoeuvre like how you described, it might help in symptom control and you may not need ...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after using headphones. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I us...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My understanding and inference is that the pain is not related to the earphones or sound level. This is because of loud noise which usually produces classical symptoms like giddiness, ringing sound in ear, hearing loss, intolerance to loud sounds and some pain in ear. Y...  Read Full »

I took Neomycin for ringing sounds in the ear but still the problem persists. Please help.

Query: Dear doctor, I am hearing ringing sounds in the ear. It is three weeks now. I consulted a doctor and he said that everything looks normal but gave me Neomycin and I still have the ringing.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding ringing sounds in the ear or tinnitus. This can occur due to varied reasons like: Oldage. Noise exposure. Blood pressure medicines. Local diseases in the ear. It can occur without a known cause too. I would advise you to ge...  Read Full »

Why do I hear low sound from my ears? Is it normal to hear it?

Query: Hi doctor, Sometimes when I concentrate in a silent room, I can hear a low sound from my ears. I went for a checkup, and there was nothing wrong in my ear. The doctor told me that the sound occurred because of hair cells and said to me that it is normal. What is hair cells? Is it normal to notice i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair cells are hearing cells inside the inner ears provided with cilia, and when vibrated, it stimulates auditory impulses. Yes, these cells have a unique sound, and it will not be audible to us. It needs a high technology device to pick it. Tinnitus has a lot of causes...  Read Full »

What could be causing resonance of ear and nose?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having resonance in the ear and nose since three months now. It all started with a bad sinus attack. I got my IgE test done and the result shows level 1000. Also, I had an MRI. It showed some polyps in the maxillary sinus. I had also got an NCV test, which showed slight palsy...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Due to prolong and severe sinusitis, your eustachian tube got edematous. This in turn had developed negative pressure in the middle ear. This stage is named as eustachian catarrh. In your case, this had progressed to secretary otitis media and ...  Read Full »

Can noise exposure at a young age lead to delayed onset NIHL later in life?

Query: Hi doctor, I want you to review a portion of a medical report and put it in layman's term. I am specifically hoping that this report confirms my suspicion that the effects of noise exposure at younger ages can lead to delayed onset of noise-induced hearing loss later in life. The document contains ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I can. Please attach the report here. Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »