Q. My tinnitus has worsened. What is my chance of recovery?

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

I am looking for a second opinion. I got tinnitus from loud noise three weeks ago. Most of the time the noise is constant 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. Yesterday morning I experienced my best day as the noise seemed to reduce to a 2. However, it went back up to a 3 and 4 again yesterday afternoon and most of today. I did see an audiologist several days who examined and tested my hearing. No hearing loss was found, and he said my ears looked healthy. He was optimistic in saying I should improve in the coming weeks. Should I be concerned that the loudness returned? And do I have a good chance of recovery being that no hearing loss appears to have occurred?

I am currently on Bactrim for rosacea, Provostatin for cholesterol and took steroid Prednisone for five days for ears.

#

The cause of tinnitus is usually idiopathic. Every normal person can hear that sound many times in their lives. It goes away as suddenly as it had started.

There is no reason for worrying as you have no hearing loss. So relax, do not worry as these kinds of tinnitus is intermittent.

Sometimes some situations, some kinds of food can start that tinnitus.

As you reported that the sound was on scale 3, please try to avoid it.

If the tinnitus is disturbing you, consult audiologist for TRT (tinnitus retraining therapy).

For more information consult an audiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/audiologist

|