Q. If I do not wear spectacles for an hour,will it increase my eye power?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello Doctor,

If I do not wear spectacles for an hour everyday, will it increase my eye power or damage my eyes?

#

I reviewed your history.

• Ideally speaking spectacles should be worn always.
  • However, not wearing spectacles for one hour will not cause much increase in eye power. Hence no need to worry.
  • But make sure you do not forget to wear your spectacles and do not strain your eyes hereafter. 
  • Usually the refractive error increases till 21 years of age and after this it will not increase as the growth of eye ball stops by 21 years.

Revert back to an eye care ophthalmologist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|